This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can connect my wireless computer to a switch for internet connection?
06-12-2014, 09:39 AM
How can connect my wireless computer to a switch for internet connection?
wireless internet connection

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 09:51 AM

use a wireless router...

Ads

06-12-2014, 10:07 AM

If the 'switch' isn't wireless most any computer that I know of already has an ethernet port - just go get some CAT5 cable and hook it up (the ports look like big phone jacks). But my recommendation is if your computer is already wireless - hook it up to a wireless router. I have a desktop that I bought a wired switch for but also ended up getting a laptop with a built-in wireless radio. Long story short - I bought a wireless router and it's been awesome. BTW - the 'switch/router' will have to be on some sort of modem (cable or DSL).
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM

SO you mean by Wireless Switch ??

Dlink Router will act as a switch with 4 ports

this will act as a switch ... you can connect to wireless router and the wireless connector should be connected to the switch using the cable

If this is not clear please mention .. how your internet connection come to switch with the environment

thanks
06-12-2014, 10:15 AM

you can not connect to a switch (wired model) unless it is a wireless switch. install and configure a router with wireless support to connect your wireless computer. make sure that wireless connection is enable in your computer and your wireless router or switch.

take note that some wireless computer has the capability to connect to the internet through a switch using RG45 connectors and category 5 cables. Your option in this manner will be a wired internet connection and much cheaper than buying a wireless router.

technical assistance from a nearby friend or internet provider is recommended .