This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lady hit my stopped car?
06-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Lady hit my stopped car?
I was waiting for ongoing traffic to stop while coming out of so apartments. A lady in some kind of medical transportation hit me from the back and dented and scratched my truck. She refused to give me her dl insurance and name but she did give her phone number. I took pictures of both vehicles and the company logo on her van. Since we was blocking entrance/exit to apartments she was suppose to follow me to the next store to exchange info but she burned off. I called police made a report and was told basically I'm s.o.l. I only have liability. I have been calling the company she work for but no answer. I called the cell number she gave me and I'm guessing she forgot the fake name she gave me only to tell me what I now know is another fake name. I told her I need her supervisor name and number so somebody can get my truck repaired. She said she don't have that info that she will call me in a few when she drop off her last patient. She didn't of course. So I went on old trusty facebook, typed in her phone number and her profile came up giving me her correct name. I do have vechicle info, license plate number and vin. What can I do to get my car fixed????
I had my 2 children in the car but she was alone. Not sure about video recorders since it was some apartments I was leaving out of.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 12:58 PM

File a small claims case and sue .

Your police report
Photos
Estimate from an auto body shop

*** and witnesses

Are all the evidence you'll need to win a civil case .

EDIT: I might also suggest contacting the business that owns the truck . Explain to them it would be in their best interest to pay for the repairs and a rental car before you and your kids can realize how badly you are injured ( if you get my drift )

Ads

06-12-2014, 01:11 PM

get yourself a lawyer
and get more insurance that will cover you next time
06-12-2014, 01:27 PM

Go back to the police, that is what they do for a living. It looks like a case of hit and run but you were smart enough to get pictures. I do hope you have some kind of proof like a local security camera that might have recorded the incident because there were more then one person in the vehicle and you seem to have been alone.
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM

Send a certified letter, return receipt, to the company she worked for telling them what happened and when, and what your losses are.

For future reference, next time someone is not cooperating with license and insurance, make sure you have the plate number, sit right where you are, and call the police and tell them the person who hit you is not cooperating.
06-12-2014, 01:42 PM

Call her company and threaten to take them to court if they don't pay for your truck to be fixed.