This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I fix this, Need to turn on Internet Connection Sharing?
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
How do I fix this, Need to turn on Internet Connection Sharing?
Ok so it says I need to turn on Internet Sharing Connection on, on my local area connection. I try to do it but it says

Internet Connection Sharing cannot be enabled due to an IP address conflict on the network. Internet Connection Sharing requires the host to be configured to use 192.168.0.1. Please ensure that no other client on the network in configured to 192.168.0.1.

How do I fix this? Do I need to configure it? If so how? Or do I need to ensure that no other client is at 192.168.0.1? Is so how do I do that?
I need this for my Xbox live. I have a router it's on my parents room. If that's the case then how do i change my ip address on my router so i can turn on Internet Connection Sharing?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 01:39 PM

More details on the network setup would help. Do you have a router already? You shouldn't need Internet Connection Sharing then. Most likely your router is assigned the 192.168.0.1 IP (default by some brands).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply