This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
After 60 days NC, should I contact my ex to be friends?
06-12-2014, 04:45 PM
After 60 days NC, should I contact my ex to be friends?
We broke up last year and for 9 months we were basically FWB. I decided I didn't want that anymore and it wasn't healthy for me anymore. In January, we had a fight, and I cut him out of my life. Blocked him on all social media.

It's been 60 days since the conversation and I've done some reflecting. I want him in my life, but TRULY as a friend, not FWB or a boyfriend. He was a huge part for 3 years and it feels weird without him there. He's been there for me when I've needed to make big decisions that have gotten me where I am now.

Should I text him something like "Hey, hope you're doing well. I've taken the last 2 months to think about things, and I'm reaching out to you because I want to be friends. You were an important and big part of my life for 3 years, and I do miss our conversations. You don't have to respond if you don't want to try, and that's ok, but I felt I should at least ask. I really hope you're doing well"

Like I said, I was the one who decided to end things and he didn't try to contact me the last 2 months.

Should I send that text?
He has a new girl and though it makes me a tad uneasy, I'm ok with it. I want him to be happy.

Maybe I should wait another month?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2014, 04:48 PM

if you can really handle him in your life as just a FRIEND, i would send it..but do you really want him as only a friend? could you handle seeing him with another girl or in a new relationship?

if you think you can truly just be friends with no drama or random hook ups, it wouldnt hurt to try and be friendly..but at the same time you broke up and maybe you should just move on and not bother with him anymore. probably would be easier to move on that way.

Ads

06-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Are you sure you just want to be friends with him? Do you think he could handle being just friends with you?
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM

Send him the text. But just be careful. It is going to hurt you when you see him with another girl. And he might still have some feeling for you when he sees you. So be careful.