This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CSU San Bernardino or CSU L.A. ?
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
CSU San Bernardino or CSU L.A. ?
Im still deciding on wether to attend Cal State L.A or CSUSB. Im majoring in both psychology and nursing. I just want honest opinions of the two schools and which one you guys think is the better choice. Im a first generation college student so my family isnt really much help in giving opinions....lol anything about these two schools would help. Ive done my research already I just want opinions of other people besides myself. It would be a huge plus to get opinions of those who live near the schools or in the surrounding area.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2014, 01:24 AM

In all of your research have you taken a tour of any(or all) of the campuses you are interested in?

Every one offers tours to perspective students. You just need to contact the college to find out when they offer them. The tour will give you an overview of the campus and let you know what they have to offer. Just from that you may get a much better idea of which one may be a better "fit" for you.

But in doing a bit of checking it appears that CSUSB may have a better academic program overall.

Ads

06-13-2014, 01:36 AM

@OC: Spot on, as usual. A tour is a great idea.

San Berdu may have a better acacemic program, but I'm wondering where your family lives. Being closer to your family is important. And so is commuting. Which one is closer? That should play an important part. Commuting 60 miles each way will drain the life out of you, if you live in LA.

Go to the closest campus.
06-13-2014, 01:52 AM

Just contact the two schools and schedule a tour! I go to CSUSB and they give individual tours to students here.

At CSUSB, the nursing program is a really big program here. The psychology program is a pretty good program as well. The academic side of the school is pretty amazing, it's just we have a bad rep for being in a crappy location. But it's on the better side of San Bernardino so you should be good. The street leading up to the school (University Parkway) has everything you'll need. Walmart, dry cleaners, bunch of places to eat like sushi, mcdonald's, starbucks (there's one on campus too), and there's an in-n-out 3 freeway exits away (the in-n-out is simply a must...).

CSUSB is also pretty cheap compared to some schools I've heard. CSULA might be more expensive if you decide to live off campus, as one might expect. Plenty of students at CSUSB look for new potential roommates each year so that might lessen the cost. If you live ON campus in the dorms, you get priority registration so you get your classes earlier and more likely to get the classes you need. Also, we sell used textbooks to each other on the Facebook group. Lol ain't nobody wants to pay full prices for those. -_-

If your family lives kind of far like in LA or OC, you can come home on the weekends to have your mom cook for you or something. That's what my parents did when my bro went to UCSD. He came home every 2 weeks and my mom would cook him a bunch of food to bring back so he didn't have to waste money on food.

Either way, it's your choice. I would take a tour of both campuses and see which one fits you. Ask them about the nursing and psychology program and see what they say. Smile Good luck!