This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So now the government wants to spy on our Facebook as well?
06-13-2014, 12:54 PM
So now the government wants to spy on our Facebook as well?
Does anyone know of a petition we can all sign? Maybe we can still stop them before it's too late.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090325/twl-...d0ae9.html
Hold on you lot – putting all my WHAT information on there? I don't put any personal info on facebook. Some of you seem to be missing the point here The issue here is whether you want the state prying into our lives like this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2014, 01:03 PM

People complain about national databases and ID cards and yet quite happily put all their information on social networking sites, they only have themselves to blame. They know we cant trust the government.

Ads

06-13-2014, 01:11 PM

I agree with the first poster.

You cant expect to put all your info out there and not expect someone to use it to learn about you.
The whole facebook concept to me smacks of a society that says they no longer care about privacy.
06-13-2014, 01:15 PM

yes
06-13-2014, 01:16 PM

You know, there are programs out there to defeat such.

Forget Facebook, MySpace, and similar sites who depend on advertising, and pony up some subscriber bucks... And make the site a cooperative one.

There is SILC (Secure internet layer conferencing) with chat and whiteboard, and there is SpeakFreely which is voice over internet with MILITARY-GRADE encryption.

But no one uses them because the "free" stuff is more convenient and faster. Nothing about it is free, of course, and now it is open to monitoring (no difference from a few years ago except the government is being overt about it).

But, yeah, if people want a secure social network, and are willing to pay for it, I'll be happy to build one for them. Of course it does cost. The link below is one piece of the free internet puzzle that stays free, and you can contribute if you choose.

Your petition will simply remove the government snoop from the public eye. The only reason the government chose to approach this way is to save some time. I have a lot fewer resources than they do, but I can take over almost any windows system in the world and drain its data, or make it a zombie to conduct an attack on other computers. And windows is 85-90% of the desktops. Obviously, I don't do that, but if I can, how many others can? And some of them work for the government.

But don't bother with looking to the government for justice.

Help build something they cannot break.

And no, I am not associated with freenet. But if I were building a totally secure site, I would need something like it to store my data, (and yours).
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM

Does this actually surprise you. See Brian Gerrish on YouTube and understand why it shouldn't. Britain is being set up by Common Purpose/Rothschilds/Tavistock Insititute for a police state.
They are terrified that they are being outed online in particular that they are behind the false flag operations such as 7/7, 9/11, Madrid etc.

It is not coincidence that they are predicting a possible WMD attack.

http://educate-yourself.org/
06-13-2014, 01:30 PM

I think to have any government viewing my website is nothing wrong, i think it is not affecting my privacy as long as I know where my conscious is towards opposite genders, Yes some government does not like computers so they go against bloggers, but on contrary, most government people who are educated do not find blogs offensive, it depends on their educational level to be given a position to lead a country,. Do you want someone to lead your country and does not even know what is blogging?
Most of people who joins me are people who are computer literate, so i think living in a country without computers is like going back to primitive days holding rocks as papers for example. Time to change, time to accept technology and community as long as our conscious is clear and not afraid of any constructive criticism and jokes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNdl_xi-hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQnKpMOTWA
06-13-2014, 01:32 PM

Anybody can "spy" on your Facebook. All your info is just out there for the world to see. Some employers actually look at applicant's Myspaces or Facebooks before calling them.
06-13-2014, 01:41 PM

I don't know of any petition but I am against the invasion of our privacy the way the uk is going we will all be walking around in grey suits with our little red book god i hate this country
06-13-2014, 01:52 PM

There is a simple answer and that is for everybody to stop using facebook. Their advertising revenue would suffer and they would soon kick up a fuss. This government is going way over the top with their continued invasion of privacy.