This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GS: What do you think of this girl who stuffed her cat in a jar as "punishment" for misbehaving and then posted a pic of
06-13-2014, 11:06 PM
GS: What do you think of this girl who stuffed her cat in a jar as "punishment" for misbehaving and then posted a pic of
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/st...-1.1560230

In my opinion, people should go to prison for animal cruelty like this.
She got only one year in prison, but that cat could've died from being put in a jar like that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2014, 11:18 PM

Sounds like a barbarian, deserves at least 5 years in prison.

Ads

06-13-2014, 11:19 PM

I hope the crazy b*tch gets eaten by cats.

I hate people who are cruel to animals.
06-13-2014, 11:28 PM

I always hate when people simply get animals because they think they look cute and don't give the absolute utmost care to them. This is especially prominent with adults buying their kids things like Hamsters and then the poor thing basically lives in a litter box never to be handled or taken out of it's cage, which I consider cruelty.

Anyway, I got a little off topic there, I say she shouldn't be allowed to have a pet ever again and get decent time in prison. As much as I love animals and all, and this ticks me off, she can't go in for more than 5 years. That would be maximum.

I say 3 years.
06-13-2014, 11:40 PM

I love Ath's answer.
She should've gotten 3 years.
06-13-2014, 11:53 PM

I hope she learns her lesson
06-13-2014, 11:56 PM

"In my opinion, people should go to prison for animal cruelty like this."

6 years in a mental institution with minimal contact with the outside world.

WHen a person does that, they must have time to think about things. Too much time.

I'd say give her 20 years, but that would be cruel punishment.
06-14-2014, 12:04 AM

Putting a cat in a jar is unlikely to do any harm to it at all, since many cats climb into jars much smaller than that because they enjoy it. No, she should not have put the lid on and forced the cat to stay in there nor posted the pic to facebook and bragged about it, but unless she harmed the cat while putting it in the jar, I think a year in jail is going way overboard and mostly seems like an overexaggeration based on public sentiment and not on any actual knowledge of cat anatomy or cat behaviour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdEXl0HMf...0HMfjc#t=5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIjdqV_CfYE

Also, that jar is not made of glass. It is made of plastic and if you look at the other pic in that article, you can see that she has made air holes in the top of the clear plastic jar, so the cat was in no danger of suffocating.

Yes, the cat owner is a very unlikable person who probably should not own pets, but the thing she did to her cat was not bad enough to go to prison for, unless she left the cat in the jar for hours on end. She was just being an abnoxious young person who wasn't thinking. I do not think she meant any harm to her cat. The way people immediately want to seriously punish young people for silly mistakes nowadays is disturbing.

People "try and convict" people over the Internet without hearing all sides of the story and completely trust that the info being presented in the article is true and not purposely exaggerated in order to get more readers. I don't know what the appeal is, but I do not think it's healthy.
06-14-2014, 12:07 AM

People are grossly overreacting. Seriously. It's hard for me to take this seriously as an animal cruelty case when the videos shown in the answer above me are typically flooded with comments about animal cruelty and threats of bodily harm to the uploader because the cat willingly jumps into a fishbowl, jar, or small box and gets back out by itself.

Closing the cat in a jar is indisputably poor ownership, but people are flipping sh*t as if she put it in there with a live grenade.
06-14-2014, 12:19 AM

mentally retarded