This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can my ISP Give my more internet speed?
06-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Can my ISP Give my more internet speed?
Hi my internet really sucks. Can my ISP give me more internet speed? Here is my internet speed my download speed is 1.51 mbps my upload speed is 0.22 mbps that really sucks! Can my isp give me more speed? Thanks for answering!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2014, 11:28 PM

Yes, if you upgrade to a higher speed.

Ads

06-13-2014, 11:31 PM

They usually can...IF you're willing to pay for it. You usually have choices in their internet plans, and download speed is usually a deciding factor for most of their customers when they choose a plan contract. Even then, download speeds aren't an exact thing. It may depend on the type of connection you have, number of connections, and numbers of customers in an area on the same plan using the services at the same time. The least expensive plans involve slow internet download speeds, and the more costly plans usually have faster download speeds.
06-13-2014, 11:47 PM

Yeah. no doubt you would have to upgrade to whatever higher package they offer.
06-13-2014, 11:54 PM

Usually they can give more speed if you pay for more. However, in some locations you will be limited by technology and distances. In many cases, ADSL/DSL is slower and slower the farther you are from the main network switching location. In those cases, 1.5mbps download may be the best you can get, no matter what...
06-13-2014, 11:55 PM

Most ISP's are capable of delivering 100MB/s(or more) both up and down.... if you're willing to shell out the HUGE bucks it takes to make it happen.