This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to host a site need help !?
06-14-2014, 02:11 AM
how to host a site need help !?
ok so, im kinda new to this but i need it done by like tomorrow night for my boss, basically i locally made a site with wordpress and so i have a bunch of php files all in a folder (which was made on its own as i made the site on wordpress) so i thought the next step was to buy a domain, so i bought a domain , now i have a domain and this site built on wordpress (again a bunch of php files i think all in a folder) now it says i need to host the site, can anyone please help me out? i found this one cheap site that does cheap hosting but it said it was linux shared hosting, and i have no idea what to do now. (btw never used linux before) all i want to do is get my site running on the domain i purchased

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 02:17 AM

Windows servers and Linux servers use different control panels.

1) cPanel is available on all Linux-based hosting plans, such as Linux Shared, Reseller, VPS and Linux Dedicated Servers.

2)WHM (Web Host Manager) is available on Linux Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Servers.

3) Plesk is available on Windows Shared and Dedicated Servers.

in most case you have brought cpanel control panel,

1) You need to create database (you have to choose database tools in cpanel)

2)click on mysql database (you have to create database)

3)click on phpmyadmin(now you could seen database name and you could import database )

4)click on file manager and uploaded zip formate wordpress file and extracted.

5)After that you could change in configration file in joomla (i am not using wordpress).

Ads

06-14-2014, 02:31 AM

Yes you have to purchase a domain and hosting. There are many web hosts available but if you want a cheap hosting then Host Gator is good.If you are not willing to pay high for web hosting then you should try the discount offer by Host gator It has discount coupons and offering $0.01 for first month.
06-14-2014, 02:36 AM

I highly recommend hosting with :- http://bit.ly/1lI6RHR

They offers Free Wordpress setup. You just need to send the files to them and they will setup all the files on hosting including the Database and website will remain 99.9% online or you gets refund for hosting.