This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't want a iPhone?
06-14-2014, 04:32 AM
I don't want a iPhone?
Unsure on what phone to get, I wanted a motorola moto x but the store don't have any on contract Sad

What phone do I get?

Ps. I don't want an iPhone

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 04:34 AM

I recommend a Nokia Lumia. Depending on the mobile carrier you have, you are insured to get a discounted or FREE upgrade to any of them. Verizon has the brand new Nokia Lumia Icon for only $100.

If you have any other carier, all Nokia devices have at least 10-42 megapixel cameras with full HD videos. From 4.5-6.3 inch screens, exclusive Nokia apps for the Windows Phone OS and features.

Some exclusive features on the Nokia Lumia are being able to use ANY glove on the device and glance screen (with notification)

Ads

06-14-2014, 04:39 AM

Buy a Lumia, 1320, 1520 or whatever suits you.
What you will not get is the personalization and customization of an android or apple. Only these two things.
What you will get is as follows:
# a mind blowing camera, just amazing, you will never need an slr
# all the networking sites like fb, twitter, WhatsApp, instagram, Flickr, etc.
# smooth operation. Phone will never hang I guess.
# xbox games, that too, running super smooth without any lag.
rest you decide dear.
06-14-2014, 04:46 AM

Which provider are you planning to sign up with? Not knowing that, it's hard to make a specific recommendation, but in general I always recommend the Google Nexus 5:
http://www.google.co.uk/nexus/5/

It's an amazingly fast Android phone with a beautiful 5-inch full HD (1920x1080) display, a 2.23 GHz quad-core processor, and it features the very latest version of Android, 4.4.2 (KitKat). It's the Android reference design and gets updates as soon as they're available, directly from Google (as opposed to waiting for your carrier to complete a lengthy approval process, which often delays updates for months and months). It also runs "pure Android" without an annoying "skin" on top of it, such as Samsung's TouchWiz, HTC's Sense, or Motorola's MotoBlur.

It's also very inexpensive to buy off-contract, at just £299 for the 16GB version and £349 for the 32GB version. On-contract I'm sure it'd be very inexpensive compared to similar phones.

Hope that helps!
06-14-2014, 04:55 AM

It would be a lot easier to recommend a phone if you had outlined some requirements (e.g. your budget, what you wish to use your phone for, etc). I will recommend a few devices anyway though.
The Motorola Moto G is an excellent budget smartphone - It costs around £150, depending on where you buy it from, and is available in 8GB and 16GB storage variations. It also runs the latest Android operating system (4.4 kit-kat). It's specifications are excellent, considering it's cost.
I would also recommend the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. It is dust and water resistant, so it won't get damaged easily (unless you drop it), has 4G (a fast network connection) and a quad core processor (meaning that multitasking will be simple). It runs on android 4.2 Jelly Bean, so it's fairly up to date, and I should think that Samsung will update the device's OS. It costs about £300
06-14-2014, 05:04 AM

Get whatever you want but I wouldn't get moto now that they are owned by the chinese.
06-14-2014, 05:12 AM

I recommend the Nokia Lumia 520, it's really awesome.