This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How legitimate is the National Academy of Future Physicians?
06-14-2014, 07:43 AM
How legitimate is the National Academy of Future Physicians?
I've researched this and come to the conclusion that I have no clue. Does anyone have any good past experiences? And if the Social Media director at the NAFP or Armond answers this question, I won't be going, since they seem to be the only ones answering this question with a good review.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 07:48 AM

It's "legitimate" in that it's not a scam - if you pay the money, you'll get to participate in the program.

That said, it's not an honor, you weren't nominated, and it amounts to basically a very expensive vacation. It won't help your college applications and actually might hurt them - admissions officers know this is a vanity award at best, so broadcasting yourself as gullible and naive might actually make them less likely to accept you.

Ads

06-14-2014, 07:55 AM

I can say with 100% certainty that I am not the only one giving a good review of this amazing, life changing event. Please, I encourage you to view some of what our scholars (and their parents) are saying- the people who were actually in attendance at the event.

http://www.futuredocs.com/what-people-are-saying/

Remember though, at the end of the day only YOU can make the decision whether or not The Congress is right for you. It has been roughly 3 weeks since our inaugural event and I am still smiling. I hope to meet you. My sincerest congratulations to you on your nomination, you should be very proud.

Anna Alexa
Director of Social Media
The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists
06-14-2014, 08:02 AM

I'm in the same situation as you. I've been selected to go, but I'm not sure if it is legit or not. However, it IS on the list of NASSP approved student contests and activities.
06-14-2014, 08:16 AM

Short answer: It is as useful as a knighthood.

Long answer: You cannot be that gullible. I am a school nurse at a large university that has MD / DDS program. I have ran into the psychologist who interviews medical students. I asked him about this. He said it does no more than a membership in fraternity (which is a place you pay money to make friends.)

Look here to see if anything like that is mentioned here, and save your money to buy yourself a new laptop https://www.eeb.ucla.edu/images/EEBpreprofMedical.pdf