This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Comparing the best website host /website maker that features a blog, and a store?
06-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Comparing the best website host /website maker that features a blog, and a store?
What's the best website makers/hosting?

I'm trying to find a website that I can FULLY customize, offers a blog, a shopping cart integrated with PayPal (or a fully E-Commerce for Photo prints is a plus), High Resolution displayed pictures, Unlimitied Space, and pages, Privates Pages or Private Galleries, Comments on pics are a plus, I will pay for a domain but a free one is a plus, free ad credit is a plus.

I'm willing to spend up to $30-39 a month. Please give me all your opinions and website hosts!

Since I'm a photographer looking to start a business, and display my portfolio, and client photoshoots, I want a website that includes web forms, comment boxes, and stuff for my clients. Also, I prefer a website of html and not flash.

I really like GoDaddy as a host, but I hate the fact that you have to buy all the features separately and on a monthly bill too. I've already checked out Smug Mug, Wix, Weebly, FotoMerchant, SquareSpace, Photo Shelter, + more.

I really liked what Website.com had to feature. They offered every feature that I pretty much wanted. A blog, a store, fully customizable, free web forms, I'm not sure if it's legit or not though.

I also liked Wix.com but they had no blog!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 02:07 PM

I like http://www.Talkspot.com They have everything you mentioned in their Professional package for $10/month or $99/year or you can try it for free. They also have some nice email marketing features.

You can fully customize their templates and if you know html and css you can edit that too.

Personally I wouldn't pay for anything you cant at least try first.

Ads

06-14-2014, 02:20 PM

Doonker's a good host for blog hosting. With over 280 Free Features added. Wordpress is one of them. Joomla. Whatever your heart desires. You should probably go with them.
06-14-2014, 02:23 PM

Everyone can do a blog, not many can do ecommerce correctly. For that reason alone I'd highly recommend Shopify and then Squarespace. They're both within your price range. But since you're a photographer there's also another great choice, Behance ProSite. It also includes some ecommerce capabilities. Hope that helps!