This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did this guy get my ip?
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
How did this guy get my ip?
A long time ago some guy got my ip he knows my network provider and stuff and then i changed it so i thought i was fine. I was on twitter and i said "you dont have my ip" then he posted it and every number was correct. He said my router is going offline, i havent clicked any links. How did he get my new ip? Did he contact my network provider i just dont get it. Help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 08:04 PM

Who cares, he cant do anything with it.

Ads

06-14-2014, 08:06 PM

If you are communicating with him on a chat room or especially instant messaging, he can find out your IP. He must be someone you ticked off pretty bad, or he is unstable.
06-14-2014, 08:10 PM

If you are going to chat with someone or going to any link up, your all the information shows at there with your ip address and sub-net mask. Who has little bit good knowledge about networking he can find out just like that cyber police tracked someone from where he/she is online.
So no need to worry he/she can't do anything with these information. Just use administrative user password on your pc. If any how he/she is getting access of your PC he/she will stuck on log in page and will ask your password for connecting.
06-14-2014, 08:23 PM

It is very easy to find someone's IP, there's a lot of IP tracking software that are under 1Mb, and free, so its nothing complicated.

Once someone has your IP, there is very little they can do, even the most experienced users could only find your country with an IP address, let alone your house number. (which is impossible unless your an officer)

Please stop worrying, hes probably just a teenager who gets kicks out of trolling people, I use to do the same thing.
06-14-2014, 08:23 PM

You connected to a web site/link that he may be connected with. Your Dynamic IP address means nothing. You can change it at any time or hide completely by using "ghost servers" when online. The Dynamic IP address can be changed by your provider at anytime, and the same Dynamic IP address may be issued to many internet connections at the same time. It is not capable of being tracked to a certain "street" address and is only a localized indicator of your internet connection location. My Dynamic IP address shows my location on a map to be about 25 miles or so from where I'm actually located. Imagine all the houses with a internet connection and a Dynamic IP address in that 25 mile radius from my actual location! The only IP address that can lead someone to your front door is the Static IP address which the ISP keeps track of, and records of the links you connect to, for strictly security reasons as required of by the Federal Government and use by police agencies. So don't worry about this guy, he's just having some fun at your expense. If you're concerned at all, just use a ghost server and he won't be able to track you down so easily.
06-14-2014, 08:39 PM

He can find it out if you message him I guess. I know that you can find someone's IP if you email them.
...it's more like he's showing off and not saying that as a threat.
06-14-2014, 08:43 PM

Every connection, to every web service, has to report it's IP address to get a response. It is as simple as this widget (it will show "your" information that is reported to all web servers):
http://www.danasoft.com/

They explain it a bit more in detail, how it works...