This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Certain website not loading?
06-14-2014, 10:44 PM
Certain website not loading?
There's this online store [the name of the online site is at the end of this post], that worked fine on my laptop. All of a suddenly, it just starting giving me a blank page but the browser acts as if the page properly loaded. So I thought their website was down or something.

However, it works just fine on all the other computers in my house.

It's not a browser problem, I've tried three different browsers on my laptop: Internet Explorer 10, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome so clearly it's a computer problem not a browser problem.

I've tried resetting the browser settings and everything, and it's still not working. On Internet Explorer 10, it just displays all these advertisements across the screen but on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firebox, it's just a blank white page. I am getting very pissed off, it's been days that this is happening.

I have an ASUS R503U and operates under Windows 8.

The online store is http://www.calastrology.com and in fact, it's a Yahoo Merchandise-powered store.

WARNING: I put the store's name at the end for a REASON. I am asking about why it isn't working, I do not wanna see comments about the online store's content or the things that they sell or offer. Had I mentioned it at the beginning, I'm pretty sure the average person would look at it, not even look back at the question and then post troll comments. I realize it is getting easier and easier to troll and piss people off on the internet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 10:59 PM

Does every other website work? Is this the only website you can't see properly?

Cause if it is, I'm tempted to say somebody is pranking you and has changed your hosts file.
You will find it in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
Open it with Notepad (right-click the Notepad icon and select "run as admin") and look for lines containing the address of the store. Put a # at the start of those lines to turn them into comments, save the file, then try again (you might have to restart your computer first.)

http://www.petri.co.il/edit-hosts-file-windows-8.htm

Also, and I'm sorry, but I can't resist: the products in this store are utter crap, there is no such thing as magic, and you shouldn't waste your money an any of it. It's 2014. Come on.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply