This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best course of action when a friend posts something offensive on their Facebook page?
06-15-2014, 01:03 AM
What is the best course of action when a friend posts something offensive on their Facebook page?
The offensive posts are making fun of people because of the race, nationality, religion, handicap and weight.

I have known this person for 46 years and she was never offensive until she recently got on Facebook.

Would you just ignore the comments even if they are *extremely* disturbing?

Or would you confront her about it?

Or would you delete her as a friend on your Facebook page?

I have confronted her on several of these offensive posts and her response it, "Lighten up. You have no sense of human."

I get angry when she replies like that. I do have a sense of humor, but I don't think making fun of someone because they are in a wheelchair or have Down Syndrome or because of their skin color is anything to laugh about.

What is your opinion on this and how would you handle it?
Loreen, yes we are both adults in our 50's. For example she posted a picture of a fat black woman and said, "Look at that ugly fat arse nigg...why do all nigg...women have huge arses?" Then she posted a picture of a Star of David and said, "Damn Jews they control all the money and media. We should ship them all back to Israel." Her other friends joined in and made equally horrible comments finding humor in all this. Maybe I'm being over sensitive but I just think that's wrong and offensive.
And the **** is the "n" word that African Americans don't like people to call them. She has posted pictures of people with Down Syndrome and made said, "Look at those slobbering retards. Why should our taxes support them? Retarded people need to be put down they are costing us tax payers money. We should force all women to abort babies that are going to be retards and kill retard babies so they don't burden the American tax system." Her friends all agreed and typed, "LOL!"
Loreen maybe I'm over sensitive, but although all her friends agreed with her comments and made equally horrible fun of these people and typed, "LOL!" or "Too funny!" I am the only one who said I thought all this was offensive and when I did, she and her friends told me I'm a self righteous b@#ch and to shut the f@#k up. What I shocks me is these people are adults acting like uneducated mean spirited bratty children. Am I being over sensitive? Am I wrong thinking this is offensive???

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2014, 01:12 AM

She is too much of coward to say these things to anyone in real life. There are many like her, they make themselves feel brave by attacking those who can not fight back. Dump her, report her and move on. Otherwise if people see any connection between you, you will make yourself the subject of attacks. She is not worth knowing. And if she can be that sneaky and dishonest she will never hesitate to stab you in the back.

Ads

06-15-2014, 01:23 AM

Report him privately or else publicly.
06-15-2014, 01:25 AM

report who needs friends like that
06-15-2014, 01:29 AM

Sorry dear,
it all depend on nature.
you just try to look this once and then ignore and move on.
Hope this will help you . . .
06-15-2014, 01:35 AM

i Would Report Her Posts And Block Her on Facebook There is No Need For Posts Like That
06-15-2014, 01:37 AM

Report him and block him.
06-15-2014, 01:48 AM

This is very sad because if I'm reading this correctly, you are both adults. Adults should know better.

I don't know if what she's posting are jokes that she found on the Internet or if they are her own comments, but some people may see the humor in them even though you don't. There are people who find offense in the smallest of things, but then, there are people who have learned to live with disabilities and will joke about themselves. There are jokes about all races, religions, nationalities and handicaps. This person's jokes may offend you, but do they offend others, or are you being overly sensitive? Have you asked other friends how they feel about this?

If others find her sense of humor offensive, perhaps you should get some of these people together and invite the offending one out to lunch where you could discuss the situation in person.

If she still refuses to curb her jokes, tell her that you will be unfriending her on Facebook because while you enjoy her company in real life, she isn't such a nice person on Facebook.