This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet connection randomly goes off?
06-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Internet connection randomly goes off?
Hey guys, I need some help understanding and fixing my internet connection's strange behavior. It seems that my connection will randomly go off. I tried closing (shutting down) my router for about 10 minutes and opening it again, but it didn't always work. Well, this method used to work but for the past few days the success rate was quite low. Restarting PC also didn't work. I have been told that it may be due to my computer, but my wireless network also didn't work, although it showed that wireless network is connected on my phone. The phone seemed to have trouble locating the server when connected to this wireless network. Upon looking at my router, I found that all lights were lit as usual. None of them was blinking. I tried running a diagnostic test through the router website (192.1.1) and it did show some failure. The screenshot is attached below. Your assistance is highly appreciated. Thanks

http://imageshack.us/f/809/netuy.jpg/

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-15-2014, 07:33 AM

http://imageshack.us/f/809/netuy.jpg/
===
That is very helpful...
If your Router is old..replace it..
Be sure to use a Network--groupname../
Use a Windows[tm] Password--for sign-in/
Check--any wires running from the router--or DSL-modem..
Don't allow your DSL-wire to be stepped on--should it be running along the floor../
===
If your router came with a CD-install disk--load it..onto all the computers..on the network../
===
If you're useing WIN 7.../
Fill out your CARDSPACE--information../
===
Try all those things...
If you still have the problem.
Contact me via..my profile--email link.

Ads

06-15-2014, 07:37 AM

Contact your internet service provider and have them test the connection.

Your error message indicates that it's having trouble communicating with them.

If it is the router, don't run out and replace it just yet. Try and see if you can get a firmware update for it. Since your internet connection is flaky, you will probably have to do somewhere else to download it. I've had routers at my workplace fail before, and a new firmware update is all it took to get them running like new.