This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would it be better to stay with T-Mobile or switch over to Verizon?
06-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Would it be better to stay with T-Mobile or switch over to Verizon?
I have T-mobile right now and really the only places I don't get service is inside big buildings and my house.
The only reason I would really want to switch to Verizon would be to get more service in more places.
Like if I ever needed to use navigation or find a restaurant or other place.
Would it be worth it making the switch?
I tried going to a Verizon store today but they kept trying to sell me the Iphone, I don't like buying apple products so I just ended up walking out.
I don't know if it was that salesperson in particular but I don't or ever will, buy any apple product.
I wanted the HTC One Max, I have the HTC One right now.
Would it be better to switch to Verizon?
i'm heading to college soon and it would be nice to have service at all times.
or how much better is Verizon than T-mobile?
Should I just stick with T-mobile and get the HTC One Max, from them?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 12:10 AM

Really depends on where you live. In general, you will get more reliable service with Verizon, but at a cost. I live in Los Angeles area and use Verizon paid by work and it usually has better voice quality, but slower internet. I have used tmobile as personal phone for a lot longer and their service, especially internet has improved dramatically in the past year. If I had to give an answer last year I would have said choose Verizon. If you asked me today I'd say there is not enough of a difference in performance/reliability to justify the cost of getting Verizon, at least not in my area. I've had both services for over 5 years. In the end it comes down to your area. If you'll be heading to college i'd suggest you keep your current plan and not make a decision on this until you've tried at your college. Also note that being inside big buildings can affect all carriers too. In certain buildings I lose connection with both services. Make sure to examine all costs too. Determine how much data you'll actually use. The more that you use, the more that tmobile is a better value.

As far as services go, like navigation, and internet reliability issues, I'd suggest you download maps to your phone. You can download area maps from google. I use a windows phone for one of my lines and it has the HERE maps app that doesn't need internet connection so that works too. There are plenty of workarounds you can find in case your internet connection isn't always reliable.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply