This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Opinion on my band please?
06-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Opinion on my band please?
https://www.facebook.com/This.Is.Dumb.Angel

We're nearly an all girl rock band Smile
Reply to this question what you think of our music! You can find it under 'band profile'
We also released a new acoustic track yesterday, here it is on youtube Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMn-7e9Rp0c

Honestly, new support would help us so much! If you like us on FB or subscribe on youtube I'd be eternally grateful Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 03:40 AM

Tbh I don&#x27;t really like female singers all that much! Eyes Set To Kill and New Years Day are the only females I like and I only listen to a few songs by each of them. But your awesome!

Ads

06-16-2014, 03:44 AM

I can't say much for your recording abilities on that one, but some decent gear could solve that. The song itself, this acoustic one, seems pretty good to me, given the poor quality of the recording.(why is there a huge difference in the quality of that recording and the rest of them?) The level of the guitar should be taken down, and the singing brought forward a bit. I listened to your songs available on facebook, I was actually pleasantly surprised to hear some real musicianship, and real singing. I can't honestly say I liked all the tracks, but I can appreciate the talent it took to make them. I don't care for the band name tho, I think Blind Angels or Blonde Angels would work better. Calling yourself dumb, well that just doesn't sit well with me. You're obviously not dumb. Oh, get your hands on Alan Parson's book, The Art and Science of Sound Recording. It'll help your recorded sound a lot. Keep going, maybe you'll develop a big grass roots following. Odd juxtaposition of the types of songs you do. Kinda works, tho. Now you need a good you tube video or four. Go the extra mile, don't do JUST the band in performance. Work in shots that help tell the same story as the song, with shots of the band playing as well. I don't know about others, but I want to know that the band really plays and sings, and it's not all out of some box of canned sounds. Like the vocals, least ways on the softer stuff. I think the softer stuff will be your claim to fame, but being able to rock it never hurts. Make sure to keep some good dance tunes in your repertoire.