This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AC campaign for workers’ buses? It is inhumane like treatment?
06-16-2014, 05:44 AM
AC campaign for workers’ buses? It is inhumane like treatment?
Thanks to H for pointing out the glaring fact that these workers' buses are not air conditioned.

I am totally speechless.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/transport/...kers-buses

It is gonna be a long and painful night sleep.

Your thoughts, please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 05:48 AM

For cripes' sake, just create a twitter or facebook account and put your rants on the article directly. There's enough trash on Y!A.

Ads

06-16-2014, 06:02 AM

I posted this link to answer your question.

There are laws which have to be followed and if not, stiff penalties should apply. As you can see, Emiratis do care.
06-16-2014, 06:12 AM

Heh! , like James said there is enough trash on YA, I will also request similarly that when you reply to my other Q that you not trash them like this also. Just be fair about it.

That article does not say what you are claiming , also it does not mean all buses are like that , nor does it cover every place. It is just a news report amongst many.
You keep floundering and changing the facts of your original question , like the 24/7 flip flop here
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...332AAS2IYm

Since when are you an official spokesman for those workers , in your own question you admit you only saw a couple on way to airport (and I will submit you also made up that part), but giving you the benefit of the doubt which you never give me, I also cannot ignore that you were as you claim visiting for a few days in middle of Sep. 2 years ago, and were not even a resident of this country. That does not qualify you to judge and prejudice other members who talk from experience and facts of life in UAE (something you don't have)

because you really intended it for UAE bashing -- Not any real constructive criticism, but when H gave you an article that some UAE people are trying to improve those workers situation you some how try to misrepresent what H was saying.

The facts are NOT ONLY, there are conditioned buses (but not all are). But probably UAE is one of the MOST air conditioned countries on earth. There are ACs everywhere. There are actual inspections & enforcement of laws to protect workers not just on paper as others claim. But don't expect any country to be perfect either. The private sector companies , many even owned by Pakistani and other south Asians , are not always forthcoming with the government labor laws , so some of them try to cut corners to save cost.
Why don't you mention the fact that these workers are free to file complaints or go to air conditioned facilities (malls, hospitals, hotels, metro stations, places of worship, parks, beach, even bus stops have ACs in Dubai!)
If that wasn't so , then explain to me who are those Pakistani "workers" taking a nap sleeping & using washrooms/bath at the 100's of Dubai mosques (air conditioned obviously) in between prayers. Some of them practically live & squat there , and beg for charity 5 times a day. Nobody asks them who they are and what are they doing.
How about you talk about that Nazia? because we are stuck paying that electricity & water bill also.

But I must wonder why only single out UAE here , that is the case in most countries isn't it . Even in UAE the buses are there because it is UAE law that mandates them (not the owners), compare that to other countries where buses are not obligatory (as is the case in UAE).
How about you talk about your own country Pakistan for a change , you guys make workers ride on back of poorly maintained trucks and on top of lorries and other dangerous situation. How many people in Pakistan ride bikes to go to work , and how many die under a lorry doing so . How about the famines , bad humanitarian, situation. If you give those people a choice between death in Pakistan or Iran whatever , or getting a job in UAE even as a construction worker , what is a honest unprejudiced answer going to be?
Not only does UAE provide you jobs and market opportunities (who buys your mangoes and rice? LOL), but also many types of assistance . Clearly the humanitarian aid your country gets from UAE cannot be hidden under the rug there. Even when US doesn't want to do business with Pakistan UAE continued to help Pakistan. But it is not a problem with Pakistan , it is a problem with your mindset Nazia. I certainly know a lot of Pakistani friends , they are nothing like you Nazia. You do not represent Pakistan , let alone south Asian workers in a country you don't live in.