This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My google chrome was taken over by bing?
06-16-2014, 10:50 AM
My google chrome was taken over by bing?
So, on my computer (ideapad s210) I use google chrome and the home is my apps (google docs, mail, youtube, etc.) and I've set it up so when I press the new tab button it goes to google, and its linked to google and everything. So today I was really confused when I press the new tab button and it goes to bing search and everything is linked to bing. My home is still my google apps but the actual search engine is bing and Im just really confused. Help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 11:04 AM

On Google Chrome, how to remove search pest
First go to start, control panel, Programs and features
and see if's there, If it is remove it. Then try this.
Note: First click on the 3 little bars, top right side.
click tools
click extensions
If it's listed in your extensions, click on the trash can,and delete it.

Next step
1. Click on the wrench, or 3 little bars icon (upper right corner). Choose Settings.
2. At On start up: Open a specific page or set of pages.
3. Click Set pages. if your home page is not there. Type it in.
4. Next under Search in the same window, click on Manage search engines. Find The search pest and delete it. (Bing)
(Note) If the X don't show, then it's probably because it's selected as the default search engine. Hover over Google and click default to Make Google your default search engine.
then you can delete all the others. There are also other pest, and you can rid them the same way.

Ads

06-16-2014, 11:19 AM

with your chrome browser open . . . go to the upper right hand corner of the screen and click on the chrome menu (three little black bars above each other.

Click on it and move your mouse pointer down to tools. to the left of the tools choice right click on extensions.
Any extensions that refer to something other than you have yourself have installed - or any thing that looks like msn or bing in the name need the trash can next to it clicked.

That should fix it.

If it doesn't, you'll have to click on the google menu button again, and move your mouse pointer down to settings and click on it. After the settings page opens, scroll down to show advanced settings and click on it.
Then finish scrolling down to the bottom of the page and click on reset browser setting to their original defaults. after this you will need to reinstall the apps that you want back on your google browser.
06-16-2014, 11:32 AM

You just go into your browser setting and then set page on new tab event.