This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cell phone help!?
06-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Cell phone help!?
Ive been an iPhone user for a while now and its time for an upgrade. Im just not sure what phone to chose between the iPhone 5s or Galaxy S4. I know the specs of both phones but my a question that I have about the s4 is the emoji situation! It may seem like a dumb question but I use them a lot! My question is does the S4 have emojis? and If so can iPhone users see the emojis that S4 users use? Im just trying to wrap my head around which phone to get. Me next question is which phone would you recommend for me? Im always on social media, love taking pictures for instagram, and listen to a lot of music as well as playing some games. The one thing that sells me on the S4 is the screen size and the thing that sells me on sticking with the iPhone is that i'm familiar with the OS. So any help that would make this decision a bit easier is greatly appreciated!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 03:29 PM

take the iPhone

Ads

06-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Have you considered the Xperia Z2. Gorgeous phone that beats iphone at all specs. Got the best camera for all day usage and its the fastest phone on the market. I got a Xperia Z1 and I've had a Iphone. Between the Iphone and the Galaxy, i would say the Galaxy.
06-16-2014, 03:47 PM

Ive been an iPhone user for a while now and its time for an upgrade. Im just not sure what phone to chose between the iPhone 5s or Galaxy S4. I know the specs of both phones but my a question that I have about the s4 is the emoji situation! It may seem like a dumb question but I use them a lot! My question is does the S4 have emojis?
---------yes. As of kitkat 4.4, Emoji is no longer IOS only… Sorry iphone fanboys! Lmao!!! Here is the history------ Basic Emoji smily faces (the stuff you can make with colons, dashes, and parathesis) is on Android 4.0 - 4.2.2. Users on Android 1.5 - 4.2.2, if they want IOS Emoji, they need to hack---will need to root the phone and THEN get EMoji Keybaord AND Emoji for root users….. Now, As for REAL EMOJI, as of Android 4.4 KitKat, Emoji is built into Android 4.4. No more rooting. No more hacking. Sorry Apple…………….. however, there is a slight change. While IOS and Android use the same Emoji Code, the GIFs and PNGs (pictures) look different. Android Emoji show yellow android faces. More up-front wacky colored folowers, people, aliens, skulls, clock, houses, turds, airplanes, whales, etc etc etc… so if you emoji an iphone from a gs4, droid maxx, droid ultra, htc one, etc… they will see the emoji on their iphone as IOS picture emoji… if an iphone user emojis you, you will see it as android style emoji…. That’s the change… google IOS emoji list and Android emoji list to see the difference in the pictures.

and If so can iPhone users see the emojis that S4 users use?
-----basically yes… same code, just a slight change in pic style, color, etc

Im just trying to wrap my head around which phone to get. Me next question is which phone would you recommend for me? Im always on social media, love taking pictures for instagram, and listen to a lot of music as well as playing some games. The one thing that sells me on the S4 is the screen size and the thing that sells me on sticking with the iPhone is that i'm familiar with the OS. So any help that would make this decision a bit easier is greatly appreciated!
---------- depends on you.. both and android and ios derive from UNIX. UNIX breaks up into open source programming and closed sourced programming. Open, such as Android (based on Linux), means the Dev (Google) releases the source code to the OS, so anyone can make a ROM (the firmware you see when you turn on the phone) and it will work on any hardware device once coded properly by the OEM or Geek/Nerd (custom ROMs)… Closed, such as IOS (based on Unixware), means the Dev (Apple) DOES NOT release the source code to the OS, so absolutely no one can make a ROM for their iphone, ipod, ipad. There are no iphone custom ROMs, evne though Iphone nerds would LOVE to get there hands on the source code, Apple is communistic and will never allow it.

Because Android is open, there is more settings, customization, personalization, prefferences…. This is great, but if the user is retards (no offence), the phone may become buggy over time. Android only does what you tell it to do. So if you have 1 setting do this and 1 setting do that, and they conflict.. well.. that’s a bug… see my point????

IOS is closed, made for the hardware its on, minimal settings. So, it runs smoother. It can be buggy sometimes. Any software can become buggy. Nothing from any factory is 100% flawless..

SO.. It depends on you… Android users prefer power, speed, modern technology, gadgets, freedom, choice….. We don’t care WTF the OS looks like! Think of Android as America…….. IOS don’t care about power, speed, modern technology, gadgets, freedom, choice. They want looks and smooth performance. Minimal settings .. etc... Think of IOS as North Korea

So… I advise to go to a Verizon Store where there are live demos rather than plastic cases with screen stickers on them, and just play with an iphone and play with a gs4… see what you like…