This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome?
06-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome?
I am hoping for Christmas
I get a PC or Linux and I'm deciding which browser would be the best in speed. Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-16-2014, 08:29 PM

Google Chrome is the best because it is easy to use, it is fastest browser you will never lose your data if you have a Google account.

Ads

06-16-2014, 08:35 PM

Google Chrome is the best browser
It has high speed
It uses less memory
It uses the least power
It has cool apps which are usually in smartphones
06-16-2014, 08:49 PM

I use both, extensively. And the reason Chrome wins is that it uses less memory. Firefox is a resource pig. Chrome is also more compatible than Firefox, and you are less likely to run into problems with Chrome.

As for speed though, I have never noticed a difference. I personally like the interface of FireFox much better than Chrome and find Firefox easier to use.

Use them both and see for yourself.
06-16-2014, 09:00 PM

Time to clear up some misconceptions. Firefox uses far less RAM than Chrome does, since Chrome spawns a new process with a separate rendering engine for each tab that you open. Firefox does not. This improves the stability of Chrome and reduces memory leaks, but it means that for the most part, it will use much more memory than Firefox will.

It also potentially does not use the least power on the desktop, as shown by (potentially biased) tests: http://blogs.windows.com/ie/b/ie/archive...ows-8.aspx
I recommend that you read around to form your own conclusions, however.

I prefer Mozilla Firefox. It is the only major web browser developed by a non-profit corporation, whose only aims are to provide an open and free internet.
06-16-2014, 09:16 PM

If you want a browser that you can customize fully.. . then go for Firefox.. People say Chrome is faster... but there is a reason why people say that. Most people are not aware of this... but Chrome preloads itself into memory every time you boot up your computer. So even when you exit or close Chrome... it's still there in memory... that is why people think it's faster... Firefox does NOT preload itself...

Since Chrome is just a backup browser for me.. I had a fun time figuring out how to stop it from preloading... because removing the startup entry didn't do any good... it just automatically re-added itself... It's buried deep in the settings... to stop it from doing that..

As far as speed itself... if Chrome does NOT preload itself... they are pretty much the same... and you are NOT going to really tell the difference. You should consider just installing both and keeping one as a backup. Some websites are designed to run better with specific browsers.