This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i cancel my bid on ebay?
06-17-2014, 04:13 AM
How do i cancel my bid on ebay?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 04:19 AM

You don't - a bid is a legal offer and cannot be rescinded. you just have to hope that someone outbids you or that if you win, the seller will agree to let you out of the deal.

Ads

06-17-2014, 04:34 AM

And I disagree with you Joseph

A Buyer can only retract their bid under certain criteria

One of them is not just because they now have changed their mind

The Seller can retract their bid if the Buyer asks them to do so

IF the buyer has entered a wrong amount they can retract their bid BUT MUST place a lower bid in order to comply with ebay Rules

OP IF you contact your seller they may be willing to cancel

IF you win you can also ask them to cancel (and the seller may as well done so in the first place as there is no point trying to make someone pay for something they do not want)

You can come to a mutual agreement to cancel if you win. though sellers are not obligated to give you this option( and can give you a NPB strike)
If you tick the wrong choice -the seller will lose money (so are doing you a favour if they send a cancellation)

Just be more careful with bidding /buying as this messes sellers up and costs us money whether you pay or not
06-17-2014, 04:36 AM

If you just changed your mind, contact the seller ASAP. Most will oblige and let you retract your bid.