This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to get internet connection with ubuntu?
06-17-2014, 09:25 AM
how to get internet connection with ubuntu?
I have a udoo Quad and I am using a Linux operating system. It is working fine but when I try to connect to the internet, it pops up with,

System policy prevents modification of network settings for all users

an application is attempting to preform an action that requires privileges.
authentication is required to preform this acton.

then there is a place to type in a password. I am very confused about what this means, and I don't know what to do. Please help.
thanks for replying. I have typed in the wifi password, authenticated, and still, no wifi and the message keeps poping up. also, when I enter the wifi pass, it says that it was incorrect. it has an option to cancel, and after i enter pass, and press cancel, it still has no wifi(I tried searching and it said there was no wifi) is there anything else that might work?
also, as far as I know, i don't have a user password.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 09:30 AM

Type in the password you use to connect to the wifi. If you've already done that in the past, it may be saved in the Ubuntu settings somewhere but could still come up with this request. If so, cancelling is an option and you should still find you're connected.

I've no idea what causes that message to pop up so often but I've seen it happen on someone's computer when they were on a borrowed wifi network. That was the only time I saw a Ubuntu system regularly turning off and on so I don't know if it's normal or not.

Ads

06-17-2014, 09:32 AM

Try your user password. It's set up this way a program pretending to be you can't modify the network setting.