This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet connection wireless laptop?
06-17-2014, 01:56 PM
internet connection wireless laptop?
internet connection with LAN PC and another wireless laptop works fine to connect to wireless netgear router,
My laptop connects wirelessly to the router BUT i get no internet access when I double click on IE it says the "page cannot be displayed"

What would you do if you encountered this problem?

or

What have you done if you have experience ths yourself

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 02:00 PM

buddy go to start>control panel>network and internet connection>network connection >lan os high speed icon appears >right click on it>properties>internet protocol c setting is fine or not

Ads

06-17-2014, 02:05 PM

You're using DHCP (More Then Likely You Are)

In A Dos Prompt Type "IPCONFIG" and insure you are getting an ip address
06-17-2014, 02:09 PM

If you are like me (I have more than one laptop connected and also desktops connected) this problem also happens.

On your laptop down in the task bar you will see a little computer icon, if you click it it will bring up your wireless network. There it will tell you your Status, Connection Speed and your IP Address (at least mine does) If all seems fine there (and sometimes mine does and yet I still get the problem of can't open pages).
I will need to reset the router because it just get *bogs* down sometimes with maybe others downloading or whatever. All I do is unplug it and plug it back in and that seems to do the trick. Just wait for it to reconnect.

At least this always works for me - well sometimes I do need to restart my laptop if I'm just bogged down :-)
06-17-2014, 02:20 PM

There can be 2 problems:

(1) You've got to do something with your File, Tools, Internet Options and go to Connections. Then choose to change your LAN Settings. You can change the Automatic detect settings. Try to tick the Automatic detect settings. If not, tick the Proxy settings and enter the settings you've used before.

If not, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) for the correct settings. Or else, you'll not be able to connect to the internet. I've this problem last week because I reformatted my laptop. Pls quickly do so to solve this issue.

(2) Did you actually allow wireless internet connection from router or wireless modem? You must first use your PC to check if the main wireless account has identify your laptop connection. Then make sure the wireless internet connection is connected from your main PC to the laptop. Only then, try to connect your laptop to the internet. If it doesn't get connected online, try the steps I've mentioned in (1). And if it doesn't work at all, contact your ISP instead. They're the best to provide the right advices & informations for you.