This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
We lost our spark somewhere along the way?
06-17-2014, 05:44 PM
We lost our spark somewhere along the way?
I don't know why it happened, but somehow me and my ex lost our spark and our relationship just became boring. When we first met he would Ask me for cuddles we would lay in the park together, shower together, everything was new and exciting. I found him exciting and it felt like he really wanted me and cared for me. He even rocked me to sleep when I wAs I'll, his touch and voice could send shivers down my spine. Then we stopped being involved with each other for a few months and after that it wasn't the same, there was a little spark at first but our relationship became a routine boring, we had no passion, we just argued a lot. Eventually he had an affair and left me for that person. Around the time I started to realise just how much I missed him he started speaking to me but I was still holding a grudge and hadn't learnt my lessons from our breakup and he doesn't try to speak anymore and is happy with the new gf now. Why did we lose our spark?
It was nearly a year we had been together when things got like this, he ended up cheating on me, me breaking up with him keep having a go at him and eventually things escalated that he left me for the other girl, but now I look back on it the night before he cheated on me I kept walking off hugging other guys and looking at other guys
We did build up some common interests like we would play the keyboard together, we'd have games we'd play together, we'd love to watch movies and clothe shop together, right before we seperated for good he said he realised I'm his best friend as well as his lover and we were starting to get to know each other on a deeper level but it all went wrong when we had a large arguement and seperated for good. I still love him very much

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 05:55 PM

Life ! Can&#x27;t help the way we feel

Ads

06-17-2014, 06:01 PM

not sure how long you were together, i know a lot of couples will loose there spark (espically in the bedroom) I beleive this is becasue if the routine is alwasy the same it may get broing, the same thing all the time has a way of making love lfie "stale", it is importnat to change things around from time to time try find other romantic ways to get involved , of course not just you, they also have to do it. hope this helps.
06-17-2014, 06:15 PM

Many couples after sometime the guy seems to lose interest in making love to his mate. I hear this a lot.
06-17-2014, 06:22 PM

Its the nature of human relationships and the law of familiarity, there's the honeymoon period, the sex and closeness are amazing and then it fades... ALWAYS! If you dont develop deeper common interests or a bond of deep friendship and trust the s.h.i.t. aint gonna work.. The real gig with relationships starts when all the 'love fever' ends and it becomes a bit more 'real' so to speak. Anybody can float along in 'love land' and call it love but real love is being loving when you're dealing with boredom and sticking together even when that persons not exciting you like they used to . Long term love is a choice. When it boils down to just two people sharing their lives, resources and bodies despite the fact they could be sharing them with anyone else in the world. Companionship through good times as well as bad. Young guys don't get this generally, they get addicted to that 'honeymoon period' like a drug because they're hedonistic and (as do some girls) they treat relationships like fast food and texting and Facebook make it pretty easy to rack up a hefty past in no time. With respect there's no use in grieving for something that wasn't really there in the first place, its normal to miss closeness when you're feeling a bit lonely, but he was a player honey, dont gloryfy him. I'm not suprised he was still lingering around his ex, you, when he's already in a new relationship, get over it already. Gen Y Guys act like p.u.s.s.i.e.s, dress like p.u.s.s.i.e.s, treat women like s.h.i.t. and spend more time moosing their hair and texting than women do. However there are diamonds in the rough out their and I hope you find yours. xo