This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS3 EXPERTS: PlayStation network games can I play them without an internet connection?
06-17-2014, 07:51 PM
PS3 EXPERTS: PlayStation network games can I play them without an internet connection?
I have a doubt about these games, do you always need an internet connection to play them, or can you play them without an internet connection.
I bought a game that says that on the top and when I load it does not let me play without an internet connection.
Do I always have to have an internet connection for these games?

thanks for any help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 07:51 PM

Nope. Well what game was it.? Warhawk? That game needs an online connection to be played mostly all other games should not need to have an internet connection. If it says playstation network on the top its most likely because the game is only made for sony and or can be played online.

Ads

06-17-2014, 08:05 PM

NO. But what game is it? Is it online only? Like Socom confrontation. Post again with a little more detail.
06-17-2014, 08:13 PM

you need internet connection to get them....and to play them online....if the game has single player modes u can play offline....if its like socom/warhawk...think u have to be online as they have no single player....could be wrong dont have warhawk
06-17-2014, 08:19 PM

I guess it depends on the game, but some are indeed online play only, as in its only multiplayer online with no offline singleplayer.
06-17-2014, 08:24 PM

Most PSN games have offline single player, with an online element just like ordinary games. I think there are some that are more or less purely meant to be played online though.

I have, Ratchet & Clank:Quest for Booty, Wipeout HD, Flower and Burn Zombie Burn, and they all play fine without an internet connection.

Your best bet, is when you see a game you like the look of, ask about that game in particular, before you buy/download it. Most of them will play fineSmile
06-17-2014, 08:36 PM

There are a couple of games out there that need internet connection but they are online games only. For the most part you will just need to be able to download the game, after that you can play whenever you want.
06-17-2014, 08:41 PM

If you bought a game that requires internet, then you can't play without connection. You have to play these kinds of games online. They are online only.
06-17-2014, 08:48 PM

It depends on the game. Games like Socom: Confrontation and Warhawk will require an online connection to play.

Other games, like Kung Fu Ragdoll, Stardust HD, and other PSN downloadable games only require an internet connection to download the games and once downloaded you won't need to be online to play them.
06-17-2014, 09:03 PM

not all. warhawk u do cos its an online game but things like noby noby boy no cos the only online feature of it is uploading a score