This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internet connection..read deatails plz?
06-17-2014, 11:00 PM
internet connection..read deatails plz?
I have a pc and a laptop...the pc is connected to the internet<ADSL connection>...i want to make a network to connect my laptop to the internet..i mean i want 2 users to use the internet at the same time..one on the pc and the other one on the laptop...i have ethernet cards on both devices...a USB cable..
so what should i do?
please provide deatails...
thnx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2014, 11:05 PM

call your company and ask them to install it for you or ask them how to do it

Ads

06-17-2014, 11:19 PM

Just get a router box that has at least 2 DSL lines.

Line from wall goes to box, then box has wires that goes to each computer. Can be wires or wireless.

Buddy and I did this in an apartment, one cable line but 2 of us online. Just make sure your internet provider can or will allow this.

Here is an image of one:

http://www.file-utilities.com/images/router_box.jpg
06-17-2014, 11:23 PM

If you have connected the 2 systems via a LAN then you need to only enable the Internet connection sharing on the host computer (the computer that is directly connected to your ADSL)

Right Click on your internet connection icon in the system tray (bottom right) & click properties. There yo ufind "advanced" & the rest is easy to find Smile

Good Luck

Thanks & Regards
Vinod
06-17-2014, 11:28 PM

Best answer is get a router. Cheap answer add a 2nd nic to desktop and enable internet connection sharing.
06-17-2014, 11:34 PM

Not sure but I have 2 computers with internet use at the same time. One has a high speed cable modem and the other has a wireless router.Same internet account is on both.
06-17-2014, 11:45 PM

What you need is a Cat 5 null modem cable. Connect your laptop to the desktop using the null modem cable (ethernet card to ethernet card). Use the network setup wizard (Start -> control panel -> network connections) to set up a network between the two computers. Enable internet connection sharing and you are done!
06-17-2014, 11:56 PM

The way i set up my network was using a router. Is easy to set it up besides is not expensive. :-)
06-18-2014, 12:03 AM

Connecting two computers bia the USB could be damaging to both computers. The easiest way to connect two computers to the Internet is through a router. Included is a link from Linksys that features a video on how networking is done.