This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook & married couples with trust issues?
06-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Facebook & married couples with trust issues?
I want to here everyone's opinion about how crazy I am to not want my husband back on Facebook. I discovered a lot of things on his page in the past when we were separated but he was talking about getting back together but also whoring around on there. It's basically me or social media. I know you're not suppose to be with someone u don't trust at all but I did forgive him & distrust isn't biblical ground for divorce. I want my marriage to work but I'm willing to walk out in my marriage if he wants to be on social media again. I can't deal with it & in the back of my mind I know he'll cheat on there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 12:03 AM

How can you make a marriage work without trust? Social media isn't the issue, it simply makes it easier for some to exercise negative behaviors. So I believe you need to ask yourself, why you're trying to make a marriage work when you don't trust your husband and have already been separated at least once based on the content of your question?

Ads

06-18-2014, 12:05 AM

Trying to make your marriage work without trust is fine!! I know how to do that! People who don t agree, Simply don t understand .
I know the feeling &quot;i love him i want to be with him But i can t trust him anymore&quot;

AND YES YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS IN THIS WORLD TO ASK HIM TO DEACTIVATE HIS FB ACCOUNT OR TELL HIM HE CAN STILL HAVE IT BUT YOU WANT TO KNOW THE PASSWORD!
06-18-2014, 12:13 AM

Thats just craziness!move on,do you really want a marriage like that? It would be like having a teenager who is misbehaving,so he cant be on a computer,no cell phone,because you cant trust him?facebook isnt the ONLY thing..theres all sorts of other chat sites,criaglist.ect...the bottom line is NOT facebook its TRUST,and according to you he cant be TRUSTED,move on!
06-18-2014, 12:15 AM

BOTTOM LINE...are you a doormat..?

either you trust him or you don't

what take away he smart phone too?...social media is all around?

delete both accounts...no social media..i would talk with him and be done with it make it clear that if XYZ happens you are history

*(*
06-18-2014, 12:30 AM

Its up to you...I like trustworthy men, though.
06-18-2014, 12:38 AM

My husband is also on there and i felt very bad about this! But he gave me his password and told he who all these womans are (relatives and colleagues). Ask for his password then you can go on there whenever you want. He had this girl keeping on writing and its his friend since 20 years, it caused an issue as she called at night one time too. She just likes him very much but she also said me and my daughter love you forever, she worked with him in the past. Now he doesnt reply to her messages anymore as he wants no problem with me.
06-18-2014, 12:41 AM

Facebook, In MY Opinion, Only Causes Problems In Relationships, When Is The Last Time You Heard Anyone Say Omg, Db Saved My Marriage
06-18-2014, 12:49 AM

Neither one of us have had one in the past 2 years I&#x27;ve been fine with that but seems he is tempted by co workers n everything going on around him. I want the marriage to work but I think that&#x27;s something he can sacrifice for the marriage. I&#x27;m willing to. It&#x27;s like if he has or really wants it then I&#x27;d have to go ahead n leave. It&#x27;s either me or social media. That&#x27;s how strongly I feel n how much I don&#x27;t trust him. I see a lot of infidelity on social media. Most ppl just don&#x27;t care but I do.
06-18-2014, 12:50 AM

Facebook like all social media makes it much easier to one misinterpret what one partner is doing or two make it easier for a partner to flirt and/or cheat on their partner. Marriage should be about trust and respect and that should include being completely open and honest about what one does on Facebook and other social media. All too often things are hidden from one partner leading to major issues in the relationship. I always use the rule of if you would not be happy with your partner doing it don't do it yourself.