This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does my computer freeze?
06-18-2014, 01:16 AM
why does my computer freeze?
I am using windows 8 on my computer and I had Kaspersky scanning for viruses I also have Malwarebytes and AVG I read somewhere that if you have more than 1 Virus scanner it can freeze your computer even offline. Malware Bytes wiped out a lot of files on my Laptop that were infectious and blocks any malicious sites as I receive notification of it all. But out of the blue my Google Chrome freezes then everything begins working again. Every now and again the whole thing will just freeze entirely and the cursor can't move my media player freezes as well and the sound of the movie I'm watching remains but the picture goes away. Then when it unfreezes the whole Player escapes then the screen freezes again. What should I do? Should I just use 1 virus scanner? do I have to uninstall and then reinstall google chrome again? I need my computer all my stuff is on it I can't lose any of these things there are very important documents in my computer. Please someone help.
Secondly sometimes when I run my anti virus stuff the computer freezes halfway through the scan.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 01:17 AM

Hello,

There may be number of reason that your computer gets freezed frequently. Unnecessary data, junk files etc. or may be installation of Antivirus is not done properly. This reason may slow down your computer speed & performance.

Uninstall & install again, hope this may work.

Hope this will help you.

Ads

06-18-2014, 01:22 AM

Anti virus software is for the most part a memory hog having 3 different types running is overkill to start with but your "Freezing" issue is more than likely just a lack of sufficient memory to run all 3. I would suggest uninstalling 2 of them and see if the problem resolves it self. I prefer AVG personally but this is suggestive and your preference may be different.
06-18-2014, 01:31 AM

you only need 1 anti virus on your pc any more then that and they will mess one another up each one dose things different also the pressure on you cpu and ram as well as your hard drive will slow you pc down and make windows unstable Kaspersky is all you need and make shor windows defender is off as well or you can just use windows defender that's fine as well and yes reinstall googel chrome to be shor of its integrity.
06-18-2014, 01:43 AM

Yes. You only need 1 antivirus program on your computer. Multiple security programs running at the same time causes your computer to slow down.
06-18-2014, 01:47 AM

dont install two antivirus software in 1 computer..it will make you computer slow and chances of freezing..use a good antivirus