This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
National Academy OF Future Physicians questions!!!! (Multiple)?
06-18-2014, 08:22 AM
National Academy OF Future Physicians questions!!!! (Multiple)?
I've recently learned it is legitimate. However, the pamphlet doesn't help explain other questions. Such as;
A.) If I have friends that meet same requirements such as GPA. May They come as well even if they weren't invited.(We're using the concierge packet)
B.) Is there a way I can prepare to ensure my chances of the academic challenge? Such as studying.
C.) IS this more of an academy, convention, or seminar?
D.)I have not yet reached high school. Technically I'm in junior high. I'm an eighth grader. Do I still qualify?
E.) I have a 4.0 GPA is that good?
F.) Will you be attending?
G.) DO I still have to do the YouTube video if fill out all the paper work with money.
H.) Do we send the GPA proof with the payment or at the Academy?

Thank you for your patience,
Sorry I'm hoping a person by the name of Anna Alexa would assist in my questions as well as others.
Thank you for your time.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 08:37 AM

I'm the Director of Social Media for The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists, and I'm here to answer your questions Smile Thanks for reaching out, and congrats on your nomination!

A) For sure! You can become a Scout for the Congress. As a Congress Scout you can nominate other qualified (GPA of 3.5 or above current or cumulative) students to the Congress. And if they're qualified and sign up for the Congress of Future Medical Leaders you'll receive $100 cash for each. You can nominate as many qualified students as you like, from anywhere in the country, and nominees can be current freshmen through seniors. You should go to http://www.FutureDocs.com/scout to start nominating.

B) The format of the challenge will be released closer to the event, so stay tuned on this.

C) What sets the Congress apart from other out-of-school academic programs is that this is an honor-only event. The key to its success will be the caliber of the audience and the exciting program we will build. Think of the Congress as a TEDMed for high school students. All talks are short, to the point, allow for questions and are at a high intellect level. We will have a surgery broadcast to the group and they will have the opportunity to ask questions to the surgeon in real time. This is extremely popular with the Congress Scholars. The program includes movement and interaction, and yes, entertainment. We fully understand how to excite and engage teenagers (albeit brilliant ones).

D) Yes, because at the time of The Congress you will be a freshman in High School.

E) Yes, all attending scholars must have a verified GPA of 3.5 or above (congrats on the 4.0- impressive!)

F) Yes I will, and I hope to meet you!

G) The video contest is an optional challenge, not mandatory for your attendance.

H) Ah, this is important. By the time you arrive at the Congress you must have your GPA verified in the form of a report card, school transcript, a letter from your teacher or school official or certification from a parent. You can upload an image of your GPA documentation to http://scout.futuredocs.com/StudentGPAVerification using you invitation number. Ensure the file size is less than 5MB. Acceptable formats include: jpeg, gif, png, tiff, pdf. You can also use your mobile phone to directly snap a photo and upload by clicking Choose File below from that link. iOS and Android devices are supported (Windows 8 mobile is not supported).

And if you have any other questions at all, feel free to give us a call at 202-818-8319!

Anna Alexa
Director of Social Media
The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply