This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Twitter make people half-witted?
06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Does Twitter make people half-witted?
Or is it that half-witted people use Twitter? The Turkish prime minister has the best idea.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 10:55 AM

Twitter is a tool; an fool can drop a hammer but in the right hands it can do wonders.

Ads

06-18-2014, 10:56 AM

No - half-witted people use it.
06-18-2014, 11:03 AM

I dont think thats so. Lots of different people use it. Prime ministers use it,even the Queen has an account ? I have an account but hardly ever Tweet on the basis no-one wants to know what I have done in the day ! I like it to keep in touch with the day to day happenings of the people and bands I follow. Believe it or not I even have 5 people follow me ?? It does not make any-one more half witted than they already are ?
06-18-2014, 11:16 AM

turkish prime minister forbid it but president using it. Smile half witted ppl thinks he can control and manuplate everything. twitter is irrelavant.
06-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Not as half witted as people who read the posts saying Tania has just had a Ryvita, then had another one with low fat spread. Ooh, calm down.
06-18-2014, 11:30 AM

I have an account that follows entertainers and authors that I like
In the last month I have found out about free gigs (Comedy night at the camden head)
low price gigs (another comedy night at the pleasance theatre)
New tickets becoming available for shows which have sold out (Derren Brown)

as well as links to interesting articles, new facts (eg @whatifnumbers - @HistOpinion)

I also follow the rail company, which I use to commute - which has occasionally saved me some stress.

anyone who thinks twitter is all about somebody tweeting what they had for lunch is seriously misinformed and if you have that prejudice, you're probably a bit half-witted yourself
06-18-2014, 11:39 AM

No.

They were half wits before they started to use it ( in most cases)

Beloved of illiterate footballers and z-list celebrities.
06-18-2014, 11:48 AM

Usually it is people and technology. For example how many Facebook family rows have there been? I have heard of a few. It is not one particular thing like twitter, there are many that are not dimmer than a 40 watt bulb but manage ok, but people blurting out on the internet not understanding the consequences, there is the issue.
06-18-2014, 11:51 AM

Yes