This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Layouts Without Yontoo?
06-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Facebook Layouts Without Yontoo?
Are there any applications for Facebook that allow you to have layouts without installing Yontoo or other third party software? Are there any plans in the future to make preset layouts or colors available on Facebook? By preset, I mean that they have been structured so that information is still easily visible, and so they aren't too busy.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 05:01 PM

There are no applications that allow you to customize your profile in the same way as MySpace. The use of HTML and Javascript has not been implemented into Facebook yet. Any applications that say they can do this will not function as the developer says they will, some applications are banned for this reason.

At this time there are no plans to implement the same kind of custom profiles as MySpace. However, plans to allow users to change small sections of the layout such as colours have been looked at. I would say Facebook will probably never allow full customization or positioning of elements in the site using HTML or CSS. Any future changes to the interface will apply to all users to ensure consistency throughout the site.

If you want this to be a feature I would recommend contacting the facebook developement team and asking them to add an enhancement for you to be able to do this. Although it has been suggested before.

As you said Yontoo is a third party program but it should be made clear that it does not change the appearance of your profile to the person viewing it unless they also have the software installed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply