This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Issues, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING >.<"?
06-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Internet Issues, WHY IS THIS HAPPENING >.<"?
OK, ill just start with a problem, i got my house, and apartments which are rented and offered internet from my side, before my internet was a 4mb/s, which was paninfull for my ping, there are always atleast 3 people using the internet AT THE SAME TIME, which always left my ping on about 300-1000, and the packet loss was always at 0%, and with that it was impossible to play any multiplayer games. I decided to make a change, to upgrade, so then i upgraded from a 4mb/s to a 10mb/s speed, and the difference is huge, so from the usuall 500 ping, it is now constantly about 60-70 ping, which is perfect, BUT now im ALWAYS strugling with 10-50% packet loss, sometimes packet loss in, sometimes packet loss out... WHY? I called my internet provider and they said everything is good from their side, also they tested out if im really getting my full 10mb/s speed, and i am, so why the fuck am i having this problem?

So from a 4mb/s i had 500 ping and 0% packet loss, from the new 10mb/s i have 60-70 ping with a high 10-50% packet loss...

Can somebody please explain why is this happening, what should i do to fix it? I need answers!
SOLVED: There is a solution, when i was looking at my slow torent speed i saw at the bottom right corner a icon saying my router/firewall is limiting my connection, i know i disabled firewall like 1 year ago, i went to check just in case and i saw firewall was activated, i disabled both firewall's and my internet speed is now shining, i got normal ping and no packet loss, with a very high download speed, try it out!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 05:33 PM

Packet loss does not always indicate a problem.
Given that your ping is good you can consider this "acceptable packet loss" and forget about it.
You can't level up if you are spending your time worrying about packet loss Wink

If you can't accept the loss of your packets, here's a good place to start:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_loss

I hope this helps.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply