This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I forgot Yahoo password and security question?
06-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I forgot Yahoo password and security question?
I forgot my yahoo account password and security questions because it was made a few years back when I was 12 and now i'm 15.
And plus I reset my Twitter password on my computer and it sent my password to my yahoo but like I said I couldn't get into it so I can only use Twitter where its logged in on my blackberry.

Please help. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2014, 09:57 PM

The video contained in the following article shows you how to recover your password using a mobile phone number, an alternate email address, or by answering your security questions

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-account/...sions=true

If you do not have a non-Yahoo! alternate email address, valid mobile number, or cannot verify your security questions you will need to contact Yahoo Customer Care, either by phone, web-based form, Twitter, or Facebook.

In the US Call 1-800-318-0612
International users Call 509-797-6330

Twitter - https://twitter.com/YahooCare
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/YahooCustomerCare

Here's how to use the automated web-based contact system.
Click one of the links above.
Click the "Contact Customer Care" link
under the Quick Links section to the right of your screen.
This should open the Yahoo Help form.

The Selected product should be "Yahoo Account"

"Under Topic" select "Password and sign in"
"Under Sub-topic" select "unable to sign in"
"Under Recommended options" Click on the Email link.

Complete the form as indicated. If you don't remember your Security Question or Security Answer enter "unknown". Yahoo will use the information you provide to verify you are the actual owner of the account. If they can't verify your information it's unlikely you will be able to recover your account.

If you're able to recover your account here's some guidelines for creating a secure, strong password - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=con...OD_MAIL_ML

Once you're able to change your password it would be a good idea to review your security questions and make changes if you don't remember your answers.

Changing your security questions - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN2031.h...sions=true

I recommend using a password manager like Keepass or LastPass to create and store strong unique passwords for the sites you visit. You can also save notes like your secret questions and answers to the password entries. LastPass can automatically log you in to any web site you have stored in its database.

Ads

06-18-2014, 10:02 PM

TO CONTACT YAHOO

U.K. free phone: 0800 0289 562
From 9am to 5pm GMT, Monday through Sunday

From outside the U.K.: 0044-800-0289-562
From 9am to 5pm GMT, Monday through Sunday

Note: In-country calls are free, though mobile carriers may charge for the call. International charges may apply when calling from outside the U.K.

To get HELP with your problem or to Contact Yahoo by Email, this can be done by clicking on HELP at the Bottom Right Hand side of the Yahoo Home Page under Horoscopes.

Click on whatever Subject is best for you for more information, you can also Click on the Arrows for more options, or Type your Problem in the Search Help box. GOOD IDEA TO TYPE SECURITY QUESTIONS TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE UP TO DATE.

TO EMAIL YAHOO and also for more Help and Advice you can also Go to the Right hand side of page and click on CONTACT CUSTOMER CARE .

Click on Select a Product, I SUGGEST CLICK YAHOO MAIL OR YAHOO ACCOUNT, then select a Category or Version, you will see Topic, also Sub Topic and Recommended Options.

Depending on what you select you should see on the right hand side an ENVELOPE with EMAIL written underneath it.

YOU MAY HAVE TO CLICK ON DIFFERENT ONES AND TRY VARIATIONS.

Or else there will be information there on the page to help with your problem.
There will then be a Form to fill in.

Fill in the form with DETAILS OF YOUR PROBLEM and with as much information as you can remember about your yahoo account and security details etc. If you can't remember security Question or Answer, just put I don't know.

Yahoo will then Maybe want to contact you at a Different Email Address that you need to give them.
This email address CANNOT be a yahoo email one.

They only need this Different Email Address to give you instructions regarding your Yahoo Account.

It could be one that you already have or you will need to Create a New Email Address, Google, Hotmail, etc. You do this by clicking on Email and then click on Register or Create an Account and follow the instructions.

When Yahoo Send you an Email, make sure you check the Trash and Spam folders as well as the Inbox in case it went in there instead.

You May be asked to create a New Password, Best a hard to Guess One for anyone trying to access your Yahoo Account.

I Would Also Strongly advise that you Register an Alternative Email Address and your Mobile Number/Cell Phone Number with Yahoo, that is done through Account Settings. (I Think).

That way if your account is ever hacked or similar, a message should come up and they can send a code to your phone or other email address for you to then unlock your Yahoo Email Account.

Good Luck
Claire