This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Was I being unreasonable with my BF about this Facebook password situation?
06-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Was I being unreasonable with my BF about this Facebook password situation?
I've been with my boyfriend for 7 months, and we get along great and are both in our mid 20s. About two months ago he told me I had the right (and privilege as his girlfriend) to ask for his Facebook password, or go through his phone if I ever felt the need to do so. I felt it was enough for him to tell me that, and I did indeed feel special, but felt no desire to really go through his phone or Facebook. Shortly thereafter, a mutual friend of ours (She knew him before I knew him) told me how he also used to share his password with her - and they were merely friends (not a couple). After knowing he also shared passwords with her who was just a close friend, I didn't exactly feel "special" anymore, to me it seemed like Facebook privacy wasn't a big deal for him. I, on the other hand, take my privacy very seriously and wouldn't give anyone but my significant other access to that information. However, I forgot about the whole situation and didn't think of it as much.

Yesterday, my boyfriend offered his Facebook password randomly, without me asking because he wanted to make me feel special. Though, I acknowledged it was a nice gesture, I just asked him if he still shared his passwords with other close friends as well - and if that was the case, I didn't see this action of his as a "girlfriend privilege." He's been angry and upset since, and is disappointed that he just wanted to make me feel special, and I didn't feel special as a result of knowing what I know.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 01:41 AM

Just be happy that he's not hiding anything.

Ads

06-19-2014, 01:58 AM

You are being a bit unreasonable. He's probably just a very open person. He obviously has nothing to hide if he's shared his password with you and this other person.
06-19-2014, 02:08 AM

so he doesnt relish his facebook privacy and hold it in such high esteem as you do
frankly i dont either
its not a measure of how he loves you, or your relationship
you are making a teen mistake in hilding ANY stock in this
(and yes i know you are not a teen)