This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
True or False: Republicans live in a world where employers should be recognized as dictators?
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
True or False: Republicans live in a world where employers should be recognized as dictators?
They oppose minimum wage
They oppose 1.5x overtime pay
They opose mandatory vacations (EVERY industrialized country except the United States mandates 4-6 weeks paid vacation each year)

In their mind; it's screw the worker, employer is king.

They're gonna say "Minimum wage costs jobs" --- as if it's better to employer 10 people at $1.00 an hour than it is to employ one person at $10/hr. They value QUANTITY over QUALITY.

Their view of the world is absolutley pathetic.

And just recently, every Republican in congress voted against a law that would have prevented employers from asking people for their facebook password! talk about privacy invasion.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:40 AM

They also oppose restrictions on child labor.

Ads

So? You can choose to work in whatever crappy job you want.

False, but in your Liberal/Progressive world the Government will be your master !!!!!

False. You're confusing libertarians with Republicans. Our country would be better if they believed those things.

The contracts between labor and employer should be none of the government's concern unless one of the parties breaks the deal.

Why do liberals hate economic freedom? Do they believe that people are too stupid to take care of themselves?

Hi Lois. Good to see you.

It's not so much I oppose minimum wage, but I see it differently than you. Let's say, for argument's sake, that tomorrow they raised minimum wage to $20/hr and lets say a small business has 20 employees. What he/she's going to have to do to stay in business is let 10 of the employees go to make payroll. On top of that, the 10 people left will have to work twice as hard now, which may be fine, maybe not. But what about the 10 people they let go that now have no job? How is that better for them. And as they go to look for work, the next guy can't afford to hire them for $20/hr. It's going to be a long time before they get another job.

Overtime? I've got no problem with overtime. In fact, I think on Holidays, you should make triple.

Mandatory vacation: You claim, "EVERY industrialized country except the United States mandates 4-6 weeks paid vacation each year." But every industrialized country is in trouble right now and this is one of many reasons. And my argument on minimum wage kind of goes with this. The more you pay one person, the less people you can hire.

You also have to keep in mind, you can negotiate all these things before you accept a job somewhere. Even a lower-scale job. Be honest up front and be willing to negotiate less money for more vacation or more money for less vacation, etc.

Republicans are not convinced the amendment is necessary, but did say they would be open to addressing the issue in separate legislation.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/house...ords/11067

Minimum wage costs teenagers their jobs. Teens should be able to work for less money. At one time, the minimum wage excluded part time jobs. Now it covers all jobs. That is why teen unemployment is so very high.

It took me 25 years to get 5 weeks of vacation and I really didn't need that much vacation. I usually ended up taking the rest of it the following year because otherwise you just lost it. When people took off for a week, it was very difficult for those who had to fill in. For several years, most of my job consisted of supervision and backing up people who were off in the office so I had to know all their jobs well.

Due to Obamacare, there will be fewer people with permanent jobs anyway. I think many low skilled jobs will be done by contracted labor so there are no benefits at all. This seems to be a trend and I believe its why there are so many people with temporary jobs who are under employed.

I don't believe you will find many conservative voters who see things as you claim. You see, most of them also work.