This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is going on with my computer?
06-19-2014, 05:33 AM
What is going on with my computer?
For weeks, my computer has been acting quite strange. First of all, it installs an Extension on Google Chrome and Firefox all by itself and I have to erase it all the time. I even desinstalled it from my computer, but the Extension keeps popping up. It redirects any webpage I open to other strange pages and it's incredibly annoying. I have to erase that thing at least twice a day.

Second of all, for the last week (I think since Tuesday or Wednesday) my computer has stopped loading videos form any webpage. I put the video to load and leave it alone (like I've always done) until good portion of the video is loaded before I proceed to watch it. When I put play, it starts playing normally, but then all of a sudden, the video stops itself and it's like nothing loaded. This has been happening with Youtube, Putlocker, Sockshare, Gorillavid, Sharesix, etc...

I've considered taking the computer to a technician or even formatting it, but I don't know if that's even necessary. Please, someone help me!
I've tried using different browsers to see if maybe Chrome was the one having problems, but all of them keep having problems. I tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome, but none of them loads videos. My sister nor my parents have this issue while using the internet connection from my house.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 05:42 AM

Sounds like malware. Get malwarebytes, install the free version and do a full scan. Delete whatever it finds.

That should clear up the immediate problem. Then do a full virus scan, just to be sure. Uninstall Firefox, get a clean version and reinstall it. Update your Flash and see if the problem clears up.

Ads

06-19-2014, 05:45 AM

Hi so you have been messing with it. no wonder it is confused and gives some strange problems.
what is the poor thing supposed to do. you simply can't mess with it like you have been doing.
yes it needs to go to see a tech to sort out and listen to what they tell you when it seems to be doing something you don't understand like updating.
so many young persons don't understand the daily maintenance of the systems especially when it comes to Microsoft windows 7 and 8.
it has loads of holes and these need to be plugged up constantly.
06-19-2014, 06:00 AM

Hi, its sounds like your computer is completely messed up may be due to viruses or any other reasons. Its really not comfortable to continue your work without having your computer working properly. It would be nice if you take help of some technical experts to resolve your issues. Click4support is a good option for this purpose.
06-19-2014, 06:09 AM

I would try malwarebytes first with a full scan, and then run your security software after. If it persists I would take of any important files and then factory reset or reformate the whole system. That should fix everything and save you the cost of a techy.