This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are many Christians such hypocrites?
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Why are many Christians such hypocrites?
Let me make this clear - I'm not saying ALL Christians but I am say A LOT of them or at least most of the ones I've met here in the midwest.

There is a wave of this status going around on Facebook through my small town. It started as soon as a couple of families of middle eastern descendance moved into our area. People in my small town are writing about how "8% of the world's population of muslims view christians as inferior." followed by a list of muslim stereotypes that are supposedly said by Jeff Foxworthy. People in my hometown are currently saying how the world would be a better place without muslims and their main reason is because "8% of world's population of muslims view christians as inferior."

Isn't that basically saying that muslims are inferior too? to say the world would be better without them? Even the 92% - which is how many more people compared to 8%? So now we have to generalize all muslims as "inhumane" and say they all view christians as "inferior?" Not only is this clearly unfair but hypocritical since we are holding the same attitudes towards the other group as the 8% and I also find it to be hypocritical in the sense that when 9/11 there were a lot of islamophobia through the United States and attacks on muslim people and their place of worship. I'm not saying that 9/11 was a good thing at all and I am very against the extremists in the middle east - I'm saying that a high majority of muslims in the world the 92% believe that their religion doesn't promote violence like jihad but rather peace.

My dad told me at breakfast about the muslims he knew grewing up in Dearborn, MI and said "I didn't like the muslims that were in my school because they all carried this attitude that if you are not like them or believe in their religoin or follow their laws that you are going to hell." and this is coming from a man who says "Gays are going to hell because they don't follow the bible nor fit the bible's lifestyle." - yet another example of hypocrisy.

Why do Christians who feel this way consider themselves stand up Christians - What does the bible say about judging others? how we treat them and views others? How far does the bible permits one to go about spreading the word of God? Even if there is a small population of muslims who are the traditional stereotype, is it even in the Christian's place to have such hatred aimed back at them when after all in the bible, their God is our God because he created us all?

I'd like to point out that I am a Christian, my best friend is a lesbian, and I'm friends with one of the muslim family's son. I don't hold anything against one based on their ethnic group, religion, or sexual perference.

As for the two familes that moved in, it's sad to say that they feel a very hostile enviroment around them because of all of the stares, glares, and things being said. One of the family's houses was vandalized just the other day.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Yes. There are many Christians that claim to actually do the Word of God. But that would mean loving each other including Muslims. Judgement Day will reveal all.

Ads

The bible says " IF you judge judge in righteousness" We are told that a few times. We have to make some judgements or we wouldn't be able to follow some other things we are Commanded to do

The part of judge not or you be judge was in reference to hypocrisy judging.

It's a wicked world many will be hypocrites, but that hypocrisy is not just a trait of Christians-not at all. Christians are warned against it. Some listen , some don't

I'm totally on your side. I am a Christian, but 99% of other "Christians" are hypocrites and have no idea what they're faith teaches. Ask a random Christian why Jesus had to die, and there's a solid chance they don't know why. I think it all boils down to that people are stupid, including Christians. I honestly believe the reason atheism is on the rise (or one of them) is that Christians do a terrible job defending the faith. If Jesus came back tomorrow, he would be embarrassed at His Christian's ignorance and hypocrisy. Before you convert someone, you need to live what you are converting, which explains why less and less people are converting, because less and less are living it. On behalf of all Christians, I'd like to apologize for my people's hypocrisy.

Every Christians and I absolutely refuse to be called or known as a Christian and I am born again of the Spirit and I still go to a local church every Sunday and it is down in our Democrat wing. The invisible Kingdom of Christ which is where we come from because we have been bought and paid for by the Precious Blood of Christ" tells me the only way to become a Christian is we have to come out of Heaven's Kingdom led by our FLESH and that is exactly what we see with millions of Christians flocks down in our Democrat wing because the only time they face the Kingdom of Christ is for an hour or so on Sunday and they vote with their backs to Christ's Kingdom and their votes are then for Lucifer's Kingdom and is always rules down on the earth and is in the west on American soil and is directly in front of our Democrat wing and the CHRISTIANS ARE CLUELESS and NEVER shed light on the only road that Jesus said was narrow and "few there be that are on that road,' because it runs right up through our Republican wing proving any one can go up into the eternal Kingdom of Christ when ever they chose but we must make our decision to live up in the Kingdom and in the presence of the Lord because all flesh is corrupt out side of the Kingdom of Christ because of the fall. Do you realize how many Americans end up in Hell because the Christians NEVER EVER illuminate the one road that leads east and up to the Kingdom of Christ? We are supposed to be up in front of the only cross that leads into Heaven's Kingdom to shed light on the Kingdom and to teach our children to follow their parents into Heaven's Kingdom because the earth was cursed in Genesis and the Christians are clueless and the lost pay the price.

It's difficult to sort this one out between "hypocritical" and "just plain stupid." After all, that purported statistic says the odds are 23 to 2 against these particular Muslims having that attitude.

Anyway, the hypocrisy comes from thinking of "Christian" as a label rather than as a belief system that guides one's actions. The whole point of this attitude is to avoid letting Christianity guide one's actions, on the grounds that having the label is enough.

This tends to be a problem with established religions. It is precisely the reason that Jesus tended to rip the religious leaders of his own day a new one whenever he saw the opportunity.

Some writers I have found who comment on the problem:

The Christians looked to the earth alone. They claimed power from heaven; but they had made that heaven remote and they kept its power to themselves, to build up new separate institutions among upstart heroes on earth. Such institutions had been hastily thrown up by men for men. To these human institutions a new generation of Christians was prepared to transfer that sense of solemn delight which men of the old religion still sought in the clustering stars.
-- Peter Brown, "The Making of Late Antiquity"

“Belief shifts. People start out believing in the god and end up believing in the structure.”
-- Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"
[This fantasy novel, by the way, has gotten me through several rounds of dealing with just this sort of Christian hypocrisy.]

Some were all rules and relics and rosaries; others were all drab clothes, long faces, and petty traditional abstinences from wine or cards or the theatre. Both had in common their self-righteousness and the almost infinite distance between their actual outlook and anything the Enemy really is or commands. The wickedness of other religions was the really live doctrine in the religion of each; slander was its gospel and denigration its litany.
-- C.S. Lewis, "Screwtape Proposes a Toast"
[Just to be clear, the Screwtape character is a demon in Hell, so the "Enemy" to whom he refers is the Christian God.]

The Bible says that at the end of times, there will be those who profess to be Christian but who have deluded themselves (Matthew 7:21-23). Clearly because a person claims to be a Christian does mean that they are one from God's standpoint. True Christians can be identified because they are doing God's will.