This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i have MANY questions about my new iphone?
11-09-2012, 08:32 AM
i have MANY questions about my new iphone?
i just the iphone 4s (not 5) cause there's no difference but anyway i have a lot of questions. i have 2gb data plan.

1) i put in music in my phone from my computer but does it cost a lot of money/raise data charges if i listen to a lot of music?
2) if i watch 10 high quality youtube videos everyday does it raise the data?
3) if i put in videos in my itunes and convert it into my iphone, will it cost money. (i watch A LOT of videos)
4) i have a lot of apps but i downloaded all of them for free but which ones raise data???
Social: tumblr, kakaotalk, facebook
Games: Ninja jump, unblock me, jetpack, subway surf, anipang, boys in arms 2
Photography: photo mage, pic stitch, camwow, camwowpro, instagram, camera!, PE-Fotlr
Starbucks, Emoji, LyricFind Lite
Youtube, SAR QOTD, SAT VOCAB

Do any of those apps raise data charges?? ^ I play a lot of games also btu will that raise the data/bill?

Last QUESTION: i have a 2GB data plan but is it "the more data you use, the higher the bill?" or do they charge you do the same if you use 1 GB and 1.7 GB?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:41 AM

1. How can listening to music you installed on your phone cost you any money? You're not using any of the phone's data services. You're just using it like an iPad when you do that.

2. Probably.

3. Unless you're downloading the videos off the Internet (not using wi-fi), then yes, it will. But if you're just copying them from your computer to the phone, why would that cost you anything? Do you have any grasp of how data networks operate? You DON'T GET BILLED for your own data.

4. How are we supposed to know this? If the app connected to something on the Internet, you will pay.

You will pay more when you go over the cap.

Ads

I think the best solution for you is to go to an Apple store. They will help you and answer all of you questions. They can even show you how to do stuff.

If you don't have a Apple store in your town you can go to where ever you bought your cell phone and they can help you there as well. But Apple store is your best bet!

Good luck!

1) No it does not because you are putting it from your computer, not the internet. Just as long as you use the CABLE provided with your iphone 4s.

2) Yes of course it uses data, depending on how long the video it will use your 2gb data plan. You are watching it from youtube, that is on the internet.

3) No it will not cost because you are using your computer to copy the videos. Just as long as you use the CABLE provided with your iphone 4s.

4) When you download the app, it will use data (unless you are on wifi). All those apps will use data because they show ads from the internet but not much. Facebook and Instagram will use the most of course as Facebook is filled with pictures and so is Instagram. Starbucks, what kind of app is that? If it looks for the nearest starbucks of course it will use your 2 gigs of data because it needs the internet to find you the nearest one. Youtube uses LOTS of data because it's video and from the internet.

5) If it is a 2GB price it is a flat price just as long as you stay UNDER 2 GB, if you go over 2GB they charge you TONS, so ask before signing your contract.

No you don't pay less if you used 1GB out of the 2GB, you paid for 2GB. So if you are under, you lose it. If you go OVER, you pay tons over overage fees.

i figured i would answer this question becaues no one else is probably going to. at least they never answer my long questions like this.
1) it will not cost you money to listen to your already downloaded music. now if your listening to music through an app like pandora it will just go against your data

2) if you watch high quality videos it will just use your 2gb data faster. This might might make more sense in my later answers

3) music and videos you already have downloaded do not cost money or go against your data

4) when your downloading or on the internet or playing an app it all uses data. So the more games you play the more data you will go though

5) you already pay for the 2gb of data. so if you use data under 2 gb it is part of your plan. but once you go over it will cost you liek $10 per 1 gb. at least thats how it is with at&t

You only have to worry about question 2 and 3....
2) if you use your data you'll probably have to pay but if you use wifi you don't.
3) It'll cost you if you convert and download them from the internet.

Answer to your last question is, it doesn't matter whether you use 1MB or 1.9GB as long as you keep it below 2GB your data charge will be same...!