This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you view an embedded youtube video without internet connection?
06-19-2014, 11:43 AM
Can you view an embedded youtube video without internet connection?
Hello Smile I am making a website for a competition called National History Day. I would like to include a youtube video on my website. It says in the rules that the judges will not have access to internet at all. So my question is, will they be able to view a youtube video I embedded onto my website without internet connection? I made the video with Windows Movie Maker and uploaded it to youtube, so if they won't be able to view it without internet connection is there some other way I can put it on my website? Thanks in advance! I will give best answer to whoever gives the most information Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 11:54 AM

I'm not sure, but if you use the url in the code, how will your website show the movie?

Maybe there's a way you can download the movie to a file, and put a code that will play it, or maybe not. I'm not an expert.

Ads

06-19-2014, 12:04 PM

No, they won't be able to see it. An internet connection is needed to retrieve the video data from YouTube.

Best way is to convert your video to a FLV file, as use the JW FLV player which can be embedded in a page along with the FLV file. This will let you play a video offline without an internet connection.