This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
His ex girlfriend is pregnant, but he has not told me yet...?
06-19-2014, 02:35 PM
His ex girlfriend is pregnant, but he has not told me yet...?
Background: I am 18 he is 19. I have been dating him for a little bit less than a month now, but things have been going really good. I like him and I he seems to really like me. We text whenever he is not at work and I am not in class and talk on the phone for at least an hour each day. We see each other two days out o the week on avg.

Situation: When I first met him people were telling me he was engaged. I looked him up on Instagram and Facebook and found him and his supposed fiancé. I confronted him about it and the both updated their stuff to no longer engaged. They changed their profiles from them together to just themselves(except one she originally changed then changed back). Anyways, while making sure that this was not bullshit and that they really, honestly we not engaged I came across undeniable information that she is pregnant with his child. He has yet to tell me about it and I am wondering what do you think it means?

1. How long is appropriate to wait for someone to tell someone this? Please note that he makes it seem like he REALLY likes me. We have also both opened up to each other A LOT.
2. Should I mention that I know and how would you recommend I go about that. At this age I just never feel the urge to ask someone if they have kids.
3. Do you have any other advice for this situation?
Thanks for reading and answering. Smile
@Kayla Oh he definitely knows. People were congratulating her everywhere for it. It is not on the DL.
@Innogen thanks I am pretty sure that is what is going on. Lying by omission. I just never been in this kind of situation, so I did not know how much time was allowed. He lied out of omission before I think. Like when I asked him if he was engaged he said no. Then a week later when I confronted him about it and said that his facebook and instagram said he was not lying because I never asked if he was EVER engaged. Well maybe that is something you should just mention huh?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 02:46 PM

I would ask her if she has told him bc chances are he may not even no and if u confront him about it it may cause useless drama and fighting resulting in a possible breakup if he doesnt no.

Ads

06-19-2014, 02:58 PM

Yikes. If you have opened up a lot to each other, then he should have told you this right away. How dare he let you pour your heart out to him and leave this crucial little detail out?! Keep your dignified distance until you know all the facts for certain from his mouth - give him the courtesy of letting him explain himself, but don't go running back to him no matter how much you want to if he has been lying to you by omission. If he has been dishonest with you, you are better off without him. There are guys out there who respect women a whole lot more than this guy who's wriggled his way into your life right now, and you deserve one of those. Wait for that; LOOK for that. Hang in there and stay strong!