This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My SIL is a pathological liar. Why won’t anyone call her out?
06-19-2014, 03:17 PM
My SIL is a pathological liar. Why won’t anyone call her out?
Without going too far in depth I believe my husband’s brothers wife, or SIL, is a pathological liar. Her husband doesn’t have social media and she will post on Facebook bragging about having her bachelor’s degree. Then when congratulated in person in front of her husband by everyone…the story changes….nervously “oh I actually have one more class.” The family has confronted their son, her husband, before and all it leads to is family turmoil where she convinces him that they are nuts and goes onto a spell of not communicating with everyone for a year. I’m her latest victim after blatantly lying to my face and me calling her out she hates my guts and won’t speak to me, which is fine. My question is…why isn’t her family and friends calling her out? They have to know she is lying, so I don’t understand why they aren’t confronting her. Just yesterday this happened…she has shoulder length hair and wears extensions but online she’s giving advice to people on how she’s maintained this gorgeous plentiful hair for the last 5 years. She seriously believes that her hair is natural and real yet I just saw her in person with her extensions out and her hair was above the shoulders. I am so confused, why lie, and why the heck isn’t her family saying anything. Anyone deal with a family member or spouse who is a liar, what is the reason for silence?
' – You’re probably right…but you must too…
picture – thank you for answering without being a complete jerkoff, I appreciate it, and you are probably right.

Jonathan – seriously? Go away.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 03:21 PM

My brother's girlfriend catches a lot of heat from everyone because her past is sketchy. And I have a couple of acquaintances who mean well but say some pretty spooky type of things pretty regularly. I guess you just have to accept people the way they are and just be yourself too.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply