This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Chrome keeps freezing my macbook?
06-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Google Chrome keeps freezing my macbook?
I have a 4 year old macbook (not pro) and I'm running leopard on it. Sure it's pretty jammed up with data, I've tried deleting lots of stuff but nothing is helping anything.

I love Google Chrome, there's never any annoying short-term freezing and everything is great, however just recently Google Chrome has been mega freezing, to the point where my whole computer freezes. The only way out is to hold down the power button, restart the macbook and try and desperately quit google chrome while it autostarts. If the page comes up, I'm screwed and have to turn off my computer again.

So far when it does this I've just been deleting Chrome and re-downloading it via Safari, this eliminated the problem for a few weeks but that now no longer works.

I've also tried using Firefox but I hate it, it lags and freezes and certain websites won't load, it won't even let me view Yahoo Answers results via Google. It's driving me insane. I used to use Safari as well but anytime I tried watching Youtube it froze.

I've run my current Software Updates and I'm definitely downloading the latest version of Chrome since I'm pretty sure I've downloaded it about 15 times in the last week.

Please say someone has some answers and tricks, I'll be seriously lost without it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 10:59 PM

Open Chrome
On the top word line - is the word Chrome click it then see "About Chrome" click it
Then on the left side is in little words "help" click it and it will see if it up to date
You will see a little line to the right of word "help" that will tell you if your Chrome is up to date
That is the first thing to check out I had a little problem with Chrome on my iMac 10.6.8 a few years ago as you got
I did what I said to do here and it updated its self and all was okay
The last thing to check is - is you Mac book up to date

Ads

06-19-2014, 11:11 PM

Some other browsers to try

Opera
Rockmeit
Omniweb
Shiira
Camino
Stainless (This was a twisted version of Google Chrome for Mac until Google released it for Mac)
Sunrise
Flock
06-19-2014, 11:22 PM

If your are facing same problem with your mac, go through http://mac.customer-supports.com/ and make a call on their toll free. You will get instant help for your mac by a certified technician.