This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ads are taking over my facebook , help me to get rid of these ads?
11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
ads are taking over my facebook , help me to get rid of these ads?
commercials ads are in the middle and on both sides of my facebook , i ca'nt play farmville because they are soooo bad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM

there is a really good website that gets rid of spam like those annoying ads. try lemonparty.org

Ads

adblock plus, it's even free

go to account, search marketing preferences opt out . do as many as you can, complain about the ads, too. have to check after resetting options, as it will reset no matter how many times you've changed it or reset OPT out.

Also go to all main web account pages, yahoo, msn.com, etc. and most importantly, the credit card bureaus, transunion, experion etc, they have opt out prompts, they tell you if you email it , it be withheld for 5 years, if you sign , print and mail it , it's an opt out permanent. complain to the ad, click on feedback, it should take you to a page about marketing preferences and behavioral ads. Click opt out option. You have to check back that this is saved. Further ads you can make a consumer complaint or a high agency complaints. Tell them the ad, but that you don't want any. Don't give your zip code to those stores or avoid buying online, you'll get catalogs you don't want, even i f you check the box, no further ads/future sale information, etc. I've learned and I tell them off. I hate their product, won't buy it and you can use the web offline, too. Goodl luck. Contact farmville, tell them and contact main web address, options, etc. msn.com --options then account directory, search marketing preferences. They do change them back. I gave them hell for reseting my opt out. Also, some have other info on the opt out page saying you need to contact them directly. I haven't done so, use the http://www.donotcallregistry.gov and check the email within 72 hours or less , click on it to activate it for 5 years. That should help.Also write to Direct Marketing Association, DRM, search their website for correct address or call USPS for their address.

i suggest you play farmville on farmville.com. It loads faster & there is no ads!