This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A question about Google Chrome browser?
06-20-2014, 11:31 AM
A question about Google Chrome browser?
I have two computers. A Desktop and Laptop. My Desktop dual boots with Windows 7 and Linux Ubuntu 12.04. My Laptop has Windows XP Pro. In Windows 7 I changed my browser to Google Chrome. I configured it to my liking with bookmarks and add-ons. The following day, I opened my Linux Ubuntu and decided to also change my browser to Google Chrome. Well, when I signed in to Chrome when it asked, it took off like in automatic drive and started installing all the bookmarks and configurations I had previously entered in Windows 7, without asking me anything. This was a few days ago. This morning, I decided to change my browser on my Laptop to Chrome. Guess What? It also went automatic and configured my Chrome like the other two. My question is, how is Chrome doing this and without permission from me? If I would have registered a different name, would that have made the difference? Has anyone experienced this?
10 pts. to Sahu for the links. Both responses were good and appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2014, 11:32 AM

chrome syncs up your bookmarks, add-ons and settings to your gmail account.

if you do not want this to happen then dont sign in or sign in with a different account

Ads

06-20-2014, 11:45 AM

Go here

http://www.howtogeek.com/103655/how-to-d...sync-data/
06-20-2014, 11:53 AM

I had. Its a program called Google Chrome Sync. It syncs all your bookmarks, Chrome history, and settings in all devices. To stop syncing, go to your Google Chrome settings, under sign in, click on Disconnect your Google Account.