This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should the blog be embodied in the site or it's better have a separate domain name for it?
06-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Should the blog be embodied in the site or it's better have a separate domain name for it?
I want to have a blog and now think about having it added to my website or take a separate domain for it? Which is better from the SEO point of view and why?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2014, 08:28 PM

Hi Anna,

In SEO point of view, having it as part of your website is the best way to go. Why? Whenever, you are posting on your blog (and your blog is considered part of your website), you are updating your website. Search Engines, especially Google, LOVES fresh contents and that will help you rank better.

Another benefit is that every article is considered a new page on your website and by having more pages, you are giving Google bots more content to crawl resulting in more chances of appearing on result pages if it is well optimized.

Furthermore, with blogs usually get more backlinks than websites that promote their product. Therefore, whenever someone links to an article that is good, that is also a backlink for your website. It is easier to get backlinks with blogs.

Another benefit is that if you have a blog, people might stay on your website longer. Visitor retention. If people stay on your site longer, they have higher chances of viewing your other pages or products. (furthermore, i personally believe visitors' time spent on website affect SEO. Only my opinion, no proof yet.)

There are probably more reasons why having a blog embodied in your site is better than having a separate domain name.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply