This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find people to email advertise to?
06-20-2014, 08:13 PM
How do I find people to email advertise to?
Hi,
First off, I AM NOT looking to spam anyone constantly or anything of the sort.
I just opened a business, and we're doing really good, but I'd like to get an even bigger client list.

I've heard of internet marketing, but I haven't ever tried it and frankly don't really know where I should begin.
I just simply want to send out a short and sweet email to people in our certain area, saying this is who we are and this is what we do, if you're interested, then please call us.
I've joined ConstantContact, and I'm not too sure how to get it going.
I can start a campaign, but I don't have contacts to send OUT to.
So I'm asking, is there a way for Constant Contact to find people in my near area, and send out emails? Because I don't have an email list. If so, how do I do it?

Also, if Constant Contact doesn't, what else would you suggest my trying?

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2014, 08:15 PM

Eric why don't you start email marketing for your business that response very quick. You just have to pay some money for that i sure this will help you out. Even JUST DIAL can also help to get business for you.

Ads

06-20-2014, 08:28 PM

Hi Eric,

What you can do is to try email marketing or simply setting up Google Alerts.
Email marketing can be very useful for every type of business. As a matter of fact, 27 percent of consumers suggest that their favorite brands should invest more on email.

Another suggestion is you to research more about digital marketing.
06-20-2014, 08:38 PM

To recap Can-Spam regulations say you can't market to one with whom you have no established relationship.

Traditionally, internet marketers build their own list of subscribers, often using some incentive like a free ebook to get them to sign up to your list.
Constant Contact can provide the email submission for to put on a web site, some use paid advertising to get prospects to their "Squeeze page" designed solely to get people to sign up to your list.

Email remains an effective marketing method, allowing you to make multiple sales to a customer that you treat right.

There are email list owners who will mail on your behalf in a Solo Ad mailing.

There are also demographically targeted rental postal email lists derived from magazine subscriptions, product warranty cards, etc.
lists.nextmark.com has a large database of these mailing lists, they also have phone# and email lists, I can only guess the owner would email for you.
06-20-2014, 08:49 PM

Your efforts will be much more effective, if you build your own list of subscribers who knowingly and willingly provide their email address to you. Or phone number, don't know if you are considering SMS advertising.

For example, this store in my area told me they'd notify me by phone/email next time they have a sale. I did give them my phone number, they did notify me = everyone was happy in the end.
You can instruct your employees to prompt people to leave their email for whatever reason.
But then, if you tell them you will write to them when you have new items in stock (just an example), you shouldn't be really writing to them about anything else.
Usually email marketers use separate lists of contacts. For example, you have a list of people who singed up for the news, or the coupons, etc.

Another way to build an email base is to have a promo campaign of some kind (unleash your marketing genius to come up with one) and ask people to leave their emails if they want to enter.

When they sign up you ask them if they want to receive updates from you. If they say YES, you sign them up. Or you could have a checkbox already checked by default. Wink
Alternatively, you could have a pop-up form on your site or landing page that prompts people to sing up for whatever you want to send them.

But think about it upfront. let's say, if I subscribed today, it'd be most effective to send me a follow-up email the same day, and then another one within a certain period of time.
If you don't write to them on a regular basis, they may forget all about you. The ideal way to do it is to establish a certain periodicity. Research shows people are least of all irritated by emails they expect to receive.