This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it rude to ignore someone?
11-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Is it rude to ignore someone?
In class my friend (we aren't really that close but let me just say we have a really confusing relationship but i don't feel like explaining why but its my fault...)

I think she thinks I don't like her or something but I'm not sure WHY..In class she sits the other side of the room and she would always stare at me. But I never make eye contact with her I just ignore her (this is stupid but I ignore her because I feel too ugly to look over at her, my braces make my mouth look weird). And the other day the teacher had told us we could sit with whoever, her group left, so she was sitting alone and staring at me...but I just stayed with my group because I didn't wanna go over their and make things awkward because of how insecure I feel about my appearance...then after that on Twitter she posted "today was horrible...brought back bad memories...maybe that was about me? Because I used to always ignore her like that =\

Well now she no longer looks at me in class...On facebook and twitter I see her posting things about how sad she is lately...In the halls when we see each other now she looks in another direction...

Would you assume your friend didn't like you if they ignored you in class? Even though you both sit in opposite sides of the room but have a clear view of each other...
WTF...got some pretty misleaded answers...
First of all I dnt think I'm ugly BECAUse I'm wearing braces...i think i am because my teeth look really bad right now which is affecting my face negatively.

My friend is not a drama queen, I DO care about her and I'm not intentiinally trying to hurt her.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Yeah, its kinda rude... hell rude.

Ads

Yeah, I'd consider my friend rude if she/he suddenly started ignoring me.

Ummm, well all I can say is that, if it was me in that situation, I would assume our friendship was over (what kind of friend does that? If she wanted 2 get back 2gether then she would at least talk...).....and 2 be honest, I'd be quite happy with that. The reason she is posting sad stuff like that is cuz she wants attention, it's not some depressive plea or something serious, just drama. Personally, I wouldn't b friends with a drama queen in the first place. The gain (if any) is just not worth the ridiculous drama. Rlly, so yh ignoring someone is rude, but I think it's ok in this situation. Just pretend u don't her, and let her come crawling back 2 u if she still wants 2 b friends. Of course this only applies, if u don't miss her or don't badly still want 2 be friends with her, which in that case, u'll have 2 make the first move, but play it cool, okay?

Gd Luck xx

Yes, I would. If she had a problem, she could have come and talked to you about it. But I think you're a little bit to blame as well.

I mean, how can see tell you are her friend if you don't even talk to her? True relationships are built of communication, and once you have that then good things start to come out of that relationship. I mean, you saw her sitting by herself, yet you didn't go by to sit with her? What does that tell her? If that was me, it's be telling me that you obviously don't care. Often in these cases, think of how you would feel if someone did it to you.

So not to lecture you or make you feel bad, but yes I would find that rude on both of your parts.

Vague question deserves vague answer.

"Is it rude to ignore someone?" No. (my brother used to be incredibly annoying, vying for my attention. was it rude to ignore him. no way!)

"Would you assume your friend didn't like you if they ignored you in class?" I'd think they were pretty retarded (or they're going to be) to not be paying attention to the teacher instead of me in class.

You think you're ugly because you're wearing braces?! I wish I had braces. Consider the consequences of *not* having braces when you needed them.

If you consider this person your friend, you'd talk to her and resolve your petty "she's staring at me/I don't think she likes me" issues. She's not your friend, she's an acquaintance, and you really don't care how she feels.