This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think I said anything wrong here?
06-21-2014, 07:36 AM
Do you think I said anything wrong here?
In a Facebook group I'm a part of, someone posted that they were trying to drink as much water as possible. Many people were commenting that you should drink as much water as you can.

However, I've looked into the casualties of water intoxication, people who have died from drinking far too much water. So I brought it up, commenting that you don't want to consume too much water because it can have negative health effects and can even kill you.
I thought my message was pretty clear.

But the admin messages me and says "We had to delete your comment because some people might get the wrong idea and it might convince people not to drink enough water."

So we go back and forth debating the subject. He says that the odds of dying from drinking too much water is extremely unlikely, and I responded saying "It doesn't matter how unlikely it is. It's a possibility and you don't want to take that chance."

He kept telling me about how people might get the wrong message from what I said, and not drink water because I said it can kill you if you drink too much. He puts all the blame on me, yet don't you think he might also be in the wrong, since some people might take his message of "drink as much water as possible" and try to drink as much water as they can, which could lead to their premature death"?

I don't know. I don't think I said anything wrong. I think I made my point clear.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-21-2014, 07:44 AM

i think the administrator was being petty. everyone know that drinking water is good for you, but not everyone know that drinking too much water is bad for you

Ads

06-21-2014, 07:57 AM

I'm surprised that people can get into debates over how much water you should drink '-'